boat launch theifs

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Bass Woody
Petty Officer

boat launch theifs

Post by Bass Woody » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:31 am

I am sick of boat launch thieft. I had my truck broken into twice this year. once was shoecraft and the other was crabapple. Anybody else having trouble with this or had trouble with this?
also i forgot to mention that besides braking into the truck they also sucked gas out of the gas tank!! at least 5-10 gallons!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIP RIPPER

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

RE:boat launch theifs

Post by hanapaa808 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:44 am

basswoody, that really sucks. ive fished shoecraft a few times and have never experienced that and i hope i never do. ive heard of many cars being broken into there. maybe there should be actual cameras their instead of just the signs that say under survilence. but everytime i go to a boat launch i always make sure to take everything out that i dont need. so basically my vehicle looks empty. i also take my insurance cards and registration with me on the boat. everything else stays home or with me on the boat so its less tempting to break in. i cant believe that you got broken into at crabapple. that lake is so small that you can see your vehicle no matter where you are on the lake. i hope these guys get caught one day.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:40 pm

That really SUCKS! I agree hanapaa.

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

R0cky23
Warrant Officer

Post by R0cky23 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:41 pm

My brother had a teacher who loved going fishing, and his truck got broken into twice. One of the times it got stolen with his boat full of pricey fishing equipment and the cops found the boat untouched a little ways away and his tuck which wasn't even that nice I dont think they ever found it.
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

"My momma said that life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get".
-Forrest Gump

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:05 pm

Same deal happen to me on Beaver Lake two years ago !! Im still pissed . What concerns me more is that the local police dept doesnt even send out a unit to check out the scene , they will simply chalk it up as vandalism give you a report # and tell ya to contact your insurance company (thanks for call , goodbye) !!!! :-#

It really never dawn on me untill that day on how vulnerable anglers are .. We are the first ones to get to the lake, we are so excited to start fishing that we rush from our vehicals down to lake and you can bet that we are not coming back for atleast a couple as hours .. in so many ways we have becomed PATTERNED to the low life of society !!!

In the event that i see this crime going down .. god help his soul !!!! :batman:

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:02 pm

Bass Woody wrote:I am sick of boat launch thieft. I had my truck broken into twice this year. once was shoecraft and the other was crabapple. Anybody else having trouble with this or had trouble with this?
Hey BW, I share your anger and frustration but your fishing report was a bit over the top for posting, so it wasn't. Just an FYI. :bigsmurf:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:20 am

i understand Mike. sorry about that. a little pissed off. be carefully out there fellow anglers and if you guys see a 6' 7" 250lb guy hiding in the woods, its me!!! i will get them.....
LIP RIPPER

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:05 pm

I know this topic has come up before, but we anglers really need to be aware of this problem. Like Dez stated, we are targeted. Two years ago, I launched at a state park launch. Got back to my rig at dusk to find out my truck was broken into. Unfortunately, I was naive to the problem and had some sensitive paperwork stolen outta my truck. Long story short, they didn't wan't my truck, stereo, or gear, just paperwork. A couple grand later and an empty bank account, they found the SOB and man, what a headache for months!!! (stupid guy paid his cell phone bill with my checking account number, HIS NAME CAME UP RIGHT ON MY STATEMENT). Anyway, a friend of mine had his truck broke into in the exact same spot, a year earlier.

PEOPLE WATCH THE LAUNCHES AND WHEN YOU TAKE OFF < BAM> YOU'RE HIT. take EVERYTHING from your vehicle. like hanapaa said, even insurance info and everything. Anything that has a name and address is prime time for these theives. It sucks, but gotta be done. Man, A guy just want's to go fishing and he's gotta worry about this crap. (worst of all, I got skunked that day :-({|= )
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:00 am

Bass Woody wrote:be carefully out there fellow anglers and if you guys see a 6' 7" 250lb guy hiding in the woods, its me!!! i will get them.....
I hope you are serious. It would be awesome for these people to get whats coming to them.
aka Powerworm

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:38 pm

very serious! I understand hard times but to rip a broke fisherman off i don't get. The main reason i needed to post this is to let my fellow fisher persons know. we all need to get each others backs and everybody should know that even if I know you or not i will protect your belongings, not just my own. I now question everything that gives that gut feeling. There is no way the state or county will step up to patrol these areas more, not enough man power and they certainly won't spend more money. we just need to band together and give our best shot at protecting ourselves and our fellow fisher people!
Oh and ya if i catch them i hope i can restrain myself and do what is right???? i hope! I have plans of putting my empty boat trailer and truck at these launches while i see if my hunting camo still works!
LIP RIPPER

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 pm

I'll have to hide in the bushes just to watch you. ImageImage

Oh ya, I ALWAYS carry.
Tom.

Interests: living

reddog
Petty Officer

Post by reddog » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:40 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:Same deal happen to me on Beaver Lake two years ago !! Im still pissed . What concerns me more is that the local police dept doesnt even send out a unit to check out the scene , they will simply chalk it up as vandalism give you a report # and tell ya to contact your insurance company (thanks for call , goodbye) !!!! :-#

It really never dawn on me untill that day on how vulnerable anglers are .. We are the first ones to get to the lake, we are so excited to start fishing that we rush from our vehicals down to lake and you can bet that we are not coming back for atleast a couple as hours .. in so many ways we have becomed PATTERNED to the low life of society !!!

In the event that i see this crime going down .. god help his soul !!!! :batman:
AMEN!!!!!!!! BBD. We all try to imagine what we would do in that split moment if.................. The monster Bass of a lifetime hits (I know that happens to you a lot lol) you know, something happens when you least expect it. You drive into your favorite lake and there with his legs sticking out of the driver door of some rig is a meth head stealing some guys CD player. Whadda you do???? Grab the pike minnow club from the boat and warm up your casting arm???? I think I would be all too tempted to take out on this poor soul all of the frustration/anger I have experienced from being broken into, or just out right stolen. I guess he (the meth head) can only hope that BBD and I dont drive up at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!
Kent :-" :-$ :-#

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:19 am

I AM TAKING THEM FISHING IF I CATCH THEM , FISHING "FOREVER" IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:28 am

flippinfool wrote:I AM TAKING THEM FISHING IF I CATCH THEM , FISHING "FOREVER" IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
Image Chumming is legal in lots of Washington Lakes. Image
Tom.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Amx wrote:
flippinfool wrote:I AM TAKING THEM FISHING IF I CATCH THEM , FISHING "FOREVER" IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
Image Chumming is legal in lots of Washington Lakes. Image
PUT A WOODCHIPPER ON THE BOAT AND INSTANT FISH FOOD:compress:
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Excuse the brief story but y'all want to punish the lil $%#& yourself but that can get you in more trouble then the thief will ever be in. You can be sued by the lil crook and you can get arrested for assault.If youre packing and think youre gonna scare the bejeezus out of them and cops arrive there goes your weapons permit.Its not too smart of an idea to take the law in your own hands and deliver punishment.If you feel you must remember to hit in areas that dont bruise or bleed.There was a guy who broke into a Macdonalds warehouse some time ago and got cut from broken glass. He sued and won.We live in Wa State that just love the underdogs more then the taxpayers.Be carefull NO FACIAL BLOWS.Stick to groin , kidneys , gut ,and the lower back.Hehehe.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:32 pm

The authorities can't find bruises or a bullet hole if the fishies and crayfish/crawdads eat the flesh away. Got Muskie? Image
Tom.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:59 pm

I hate it when I hear about this stuff, its a crying shame. Not trying to jack the thread but listen to this crap. My friends little brother (13 years old) loads up a radio flyer with all his crab gear and fishing gear and makes the quarter mile trek down to the Des monines marina every morning and stays down there till dark. Well 2 days ago he goes to the bathroom (while down at the marina)and comes back to find all of his stuff gone. He really didn't have anything nice (all my hand me downs) and you could tell it was a little kids stuff. That's REALLY LOW, sorry to vent but I am still fired up.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:14 pm

gpc wrote:I hate it when I hear about this stuff, its a crying shame. Not trying to jack the thread but listen to this crap. My friends little brother (13 years old) loads up a radio flyer with all his crab gear and fishing gear and makes the quarter mile trek down to the Des monines marina every morning and stays down there till dark. Well 2 days ago he goes to the bathroom (while down at the marina)and comes back to find all of his stuff gone. He really didn't have anything nice (all my hand me downs) and you could tell it was a little kids stuff. That's REALLY LOW, sorry to vent but I am still fired up.
Does he need some gear, such as tackle box, lures, fishing rod? I have some he can have.
Tom.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Amx wrote:
gpc wrote:I hate it when I hear about this stuff, its a crying shame. Not trying to jack the thread but listen to this crap. My friends little brother (13 years old) loads up a radio flyer with all his crab gear and fishing gear and makes the quarter mile trek down to the Des monines marina every morning and stays down there till dark. Well 2 days ago he goes to the bathroom (while down at the marina)and comes back to find all of his stuff gone. He really didn't have anything nice (all my hand me downs) and you could tell it was a little kids stuff. That's REALLY LOW, sorry to vent but I am still fired up.
Does he need some gear, such as tackle box, lures, fishing rod? I have some he can have.

Hey thanks a lot Amx, I really appreciate it. But he will be fine. I am going to pay him a visit and get him all squared away. But thanks again, that means a lot to me.