Jameson lake, mansfield, wa

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ncwflounderer
Lieutenant

Jameson lake, mansfield, wa

Post by ncwflounderer » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:27 am

Has anyone here been to this October trout fishery this year? I was thinking of heading out there this weekend, but wondering if its worth my time and gas. Please chime in if you have anything to say about this. Thanks
Eat, sleep, fish

eat-sleep-fish
Warrant Officer

Re: Jameson lake, mansfield, wa

Post by eat-sleep-fish » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:06 am

Good day!

It has been a few years but I have hit it this time of year. I fished the very south end of the lake from shore using a RBT colored daredevil spoon. Fairly fast retrieve, fast enough to leave a v-wake on the surface of the water. I could see the wake from fish chasing the spoon down, it was a blast! Caught and released a couple dozen and missed many. Not sure if it is that way all the time or if my timing was perfect but great day on the water. Good luck, hope you slay them!

fishslayer80
Petty Officer

Re: Jameson lake, mansfield, wa

Post by fishslayer80 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Fished Jameson the 5th of October with the grand kids. We caught lots of 10-14 inch rainbows.
Great lunch at Jacks resort
made some great memories with the grand kids.
Good luck if you make the trip