Cabelas Fishing Contest

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kzoo
Commodore

Cabelas Fishing Contest

Post by kzoo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:51 am

Check it out, odds are slim, but I'll register.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/r ... uld_b.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cabelas.com/fish-for-millions.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Cabelas Fishing Contest

Post by natetreat » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 pm

It's only if the grand prize fish is in the first ten fish caught. Seems like a gimmick to me. But it could be fun, too bad I don't fish bass or trout very often!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Guess I'd better register.

Oh ya, I won't be fishing any of those lakes.

You know they released the fish in some out of the way place on the lakes where no one fishes.
Tom.

Interests: living

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:59 pm

I know right? And they choose the biggest most difficult to fish lakes as well. A bit unfair to those of us that are shore bound too. Meh, I registered last year, I'll do it again.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:00 pm

The trout will travel all over the lake in search of food. The smallies on the other hand, they don't strike me as long distance travelers.

Chumknuckle
Angler

Post by Chumknuckle » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:34 am

I registered last year and this year. I heard they tagged 15 fish in Lake Washington (9 bass and 6 trout I think), 9 apiece in American and Potholes. I've never heard of or seen anyone catching a tagged fish yet but it would be great if a report pops up with one or even better if one appears on the end of my line.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:17 am

Seattle times said 12 smallies and 3 cutthroat are tagged at Lake Washington. They claimed 3 fish caught last year was at Lake Washington. The chances are slim, and surprised that any were caught last year, unless they dropped the fish in a popular area.

chad s.
Angler

Post by chad s. » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 am

Of the three bass that were caught on Washington last year, I know two of them came out of the canals. One of the fisherman was registered, but I don't know what his prize was. I thought I was fishing for a tagged fish on American two weeks ago, but it turned out to just be a fresh scare on his back.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:15 am

chad s. wrote:Of the three bass that were caught on Washington last year, I know two of them came out of the canals. One of the fisherman was registered, but I don't know what his prize was. I thought I was fishing for a tagged fish on American two weeks ago, but it turned out to just be a fresh scare on his back.
Good to know. I wonder what they won? Probably the $50 cabelas card.

Fishininja
Petty Officer

Post by Fishininja » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 am

I believe Marc Marcantonio caught a tagged fish last year.