New Boat!

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
blurock
Warrant Officer

New Boat!

Post by blurock » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 am

Alright... cause Matt told me too... [tongue]
And I'm so excited about it (plus I figure I'll give you guys a heads up to stay clear of it when you see it coming up the river, cause a girls driving![scared] )

I finally got myself a new boat! My new baby! haha

18.6' Willie Predator with a 150 Yamaha pump and 8hp kicker. Center console. I'm in love! Haha, but still getting use to running a pump as all my other boats have been props. Very different!

And on the other hand... this means I need to sell my duro boat, cause I don't have room in the driveway for two!
Last edited by blurock on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish Like A Girl

Matt
Admiral

RE:New Boat!

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:08 am

Haha, didn't mean to put you on the spot, but I knew you must have gotten something sweet.

That thing is SLICKK! One of the best boats on the water IMO is the predator. Center console no less, badass.

It only takes a few trips and you'll be running that pump like a pro! Glad to see it is Yamaha powered too, the only way to go!
Last edited by Matt on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 am

Haha, no worries Matt. I'm glad to show it off! ;) And thanks!
I'm absolutely in love with the thing, and I've only had it out twice, but I'm already pretty comfortable in it.
I get a little giddy every time I take it out. There's so many fun things to tinker with! haha. My favorite so far has been the top loading rod trays... They've been acting as storage for everything but rods so far lol! They make great tackle boxes! I just throw my trays/boxes in there and away we go! Nice and out of the way and organized. It's got normal rod trays and rocket launchers for rods anyway.

I really wanted either a Willie or Wooldridge, but never thought I'd get it so soon. This one just came up and it was a good deal so I pounced on it! Glad I did.

I'm going from a Merc to a Yamaha, and so far I'm liking the Yammy. I've always had them for kickers and loved em. Great work horses, so I'm hoping the 150 lasts awhile... it's a 1997, but compression tested good and seems to run ok.
Fish Like A Girl

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 am

Nice Toy! Lots of people on this site will be jealous, including me.

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:48 am

Thanks! Now I gotta figure out how to get vinyl stickers off vinyl decals... haha

Person before me had it named "Running Horse" and put it on the side. I'm not diggin it, but don't want to mess up the green vinyl before I have enough money saved to do a new wrap on it.
Last edited by blurock on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish Like A Girl

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Ooo, be careful there, renaming a boat can be serious bad ju-ju. You might want to google the topic!

hah.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:47 pm

How does that little Escape do pulling that boat? Nice to be able to downsize the pulling rig.

Jets are great fun, just don't make any sudden turns. Turning a jet boat is like doing a Tokyo drift with a car.

BTW, you need a WL.com sticker on the side of the boat, LOL.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Congrats on the new boat. [thumbup] Looks awesome. :cheers:
Tom.

Interests: living

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Congratulations Blurock! Guess I won't be running into you on the banks anytime soon huh?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanks everyone!
Matt wrote:Ooo, be careful there, renaming a boat can be serious bad ju-ju. You might want to google the topic!

hah.
Uh oh... Thanks Matt, I'll have to go check that out!

Mike Carey wrote:How does that little Escape do pulling that boat? Nice to be able to downsize the pulling rig.

Jets are great fun, just don't make any sudden turns. Turning a jet boat is like doing a Tokyo drift with a car.

BTW, you need a WL.com sticker on the side of the boat, LOL.
It actually does pretty well! A little sluggish on the big long hills and I haven't tried it over the pass yet, but as long as you stay under 60mph the gas gauge doesn't move too rapidly lol.

I have a sticker I got at the Sportsman show! Now I just need to find where I put it... haha

Gringo Pescador wrote:Congratulations Blurock! Guess I won't be running into you on the banks anytime soon huh?
Oh, you still wont be able to keep me away from Reiter! I'm sure I won't always wanna drag the boat along, and there's just something about standing on a rock all day that can't be duplicated in a boat :)
Fish Like A Girl

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm

blurock wrote:Thanks everyone!
Mike Carey wrote:How does that little Escape do pulling that boat? Nice to be able to downsize the pulling rig.
It actually does pretty well! A little sluggish on the big long hills and I haven't tried it over the pass yet, but as long as you stay under 60mph the gas gauge doesn't move too rapidly lol.
How does it do pulling the boat/trailer out of the water?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:
blurock wrote:Thanks everyone!
How does it do pulling the boat/trailer out of the water?
I've only had it at a launch on the Willamette and in the Slough, so nothing really steep or treacherous, but so far its done great, and I don't have any worries about launching it in the Snohomish at Cady.
Guess we'll just have to see when I get there haha
Fish Like A Girl

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Very nice. Maybe you three can make it to American and get some Kokanee?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Toni wrote:Very nice. Maybe you three can make it to American and get some Kokanee?
Thanks Toni! I think an American Koke trip is definitely in our future!
Fish Like A Girl

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:49 pm

blurock wrote:
Toni wrote:Very nice. Maybe you three can make it to American and get some Kokanee?
I got my limit in 1 hour and 20 minutes this morning. I will report later. I see sleds there all the time.
American Lake koke's are so big compared to Clear Lake. They could eat one. I was amazed at their size BUT Clear Lake koke's are so hungry that they were nearly jumping in my boat.

It is all good.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Toni wrote:
blurock wrote:
I got my limit in 1 hour and 20 minutes this morning. I will report later. I see sleds there all the time.
American Lake koke's are so big compared to Clear Lake. They could eat one. I was amazed at their size BUT Clear Lake koke's are so hungry that they were nearly jumping in my boat.

It is all good.
Thats good to hear! I've been wanting to get down to American since last year, and it just never happened... I'm going to make sure to get the Willie down there soon!
If we get are limit on Kokes we'll just have to go get some perch or something too, that's a long drive to fish for an hour and half! [laugh]
Fish Like A Girl

wdavis10
Petty Officer

Post by wdavis10 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Nice lookin boat kiddo - you mentioned getting the old stickers off - use your hair dryer it will heat them and then you can pull them - start at a corner, watch out for hot fingers

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:48 pm

fishlips48 wrote:Nice lookin boat kiddo - you mentioned getting the old stickers off - use your hair dryer it will heat them and then you can pull them - start at a corner, watch out for hot fingers
Thanks! I'll have to give that a try. Now Matt has me all worried about changing names though! haha.

I'll have to go find some Champagne after I get the stickers off :-k
Fish Like A Girl

wdavis10
Petty Officer

Post by wdavis10 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:09 pm

just re-read your post and if you have stickers over vinyl it might not be a good idea after all as the heat from the gun(hair dryer) could tend to raise both - they have chems you can use - go to ....com and get into the boat section. there are topics on this for you to paruse.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:57 am

Well now....I am pretty sure if you wish to change a boats name there is a special procedure to follow so it is not completely out of the question..... anyone have some insight on this??

Personally I don't think boats under 20 feet really need a name, but my boat is only 17 and its got a name..... (can't post it here though.... lol).