1st Ever Fish-N-Fool Online Bass Tournament - Win a Pike Trip and Gear!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

1st Ever Fish-N-Fool Online Bass Tournament - Win a Pike Trip and Gear!

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Fish-N-Fool lures is sponsoring the first annual Bait-N-Bash Fishing Tournament.

The contest will span a 2 week period in the spring of 2011, that is "yet to be announced" (permits have been enter for mid-May).

The tournament winner will be the one that catches the most fish in total length in inches of all legal fish submitted in the Bait-N-Bash photo log. Each angler will have their own post that they add their fish to each day. They should keep a tally on total length caught so far there also, so we can maintain a leader board. You will need a Digital camera (Or high quality cell phone) for clear sharp photos of your catch and a measuring tape of some kind. Fish-N-Fool Lures and or Washington Lakes shall have the rights to use any and all photos submitted.

For the purpose of these rules for The Fish-N-Fool Lures Bait-N-Bash, the term "fish" is to be translated as "bass" being either Largemouth bass or Smallmouth bass.

Prizes will be given out to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in total inches, as well for big fish and the strangest fish species caught.

The grand prize is a 1 day Pike fishing trip for 1 or 2 persons to the Pend Oreille River on the day of your choice with Fish-N-Fool owner Rick Lawrence.

All you will need to do is show up, all tackle, gear, food, and beverages will be provided. 1st place will receive $30 worth of Fish-N-Fool Lures Sink-N-Fool baits as well. If for any reason the Grand Prize Winner of the Pike Fishing trip can not make it, the prize will go to the next person in line. All other prizes Winners will receive Fish-N-Fool lures baits, 2nd place will receive $30 worth of free Sink-N-Fool baits, 3rd place will receive $15 worth of baits. Big fish prize will be $30 in free baits and $15 for the strangest fish species caught on a Fish-N-Fool lure in the contest. It must be submitted with a photo and all info just like a bass would be.

In addition, all prize winners will receive a one year Premium Membership or renewal to WashingtonLakes.com.

The rules for The 1st Annual Fish-N-Fool Lures Bait-N-Bash Tournament are as follows:

- Contest is open to the first 100 Washington Lakes members who sign up on the official Bait-N-Bash contestants list.

- After signing up all entries must then provide a Name and Address in a PM to Mike Carey, to send you your official contest lures. You must provide a email address as well.

- This is designed as a fun catch and release tournament. All fish must be legally caught under Washington State Fish and Wildlife rules. Contest is open to any body of water within the State of Washington, boat or shore anglers.

- The challenge will be to see how many fish you can catch with a minimum amount of "Sink-N-Fool" baits.

- Creative rigging will be very important to do well in this contest.

- You are allowed the use of weighted hooks (jigs) or any kind of attached weight (Like bullet weights or split shot). This will include jig heads painted or lead and shakyhead jigs. The jig head must not have anything other then the lead on it, no skirts, feathers, or hair on it. You can also of course fish it weight-free.

- Each person entered will receive the same size , color and amount of Fish-N-Fool Lures "Sink-N-Fool" baits that they must use in the contest.

- All fish must be caught on the supplied Fish-N-Fool Lures baits.

- Qualifying fish must be a minimum of 14" in length.

- In order for a fish to count towards a participants total, it must be photographed with the hook and bait still in it's mouth and with a measuring tape showing it's length, That is clearly visible. All or part of the bait must show in the photo. The bait must be intact enough to confirm that it is a Fish-N-Fool bait. No using a small piece of the bait on a jig or hook and saying it was a Fish-N-Fool bait. You must have at least 4" of the bait remaining

- The night before the tournament starts each angler signed up will be emailed a verification Catch Code, This code must be written down on a piece of 8 1/2" x11" card stock with a black magic marker. This Catch Code, must also be visible in all photos of qualifying fish. If your camera has a Date/Time stamp feature on it, use it. If it does not, on another piece of paper write the time and date each fish was caught. It must be shown in the photo in a black magic marker also. Mike and (or) I will be final judge on all fish entered to determine if the fish is legal. We will be looking for fish submitted more then once and if we think it has been we will disqualify that fish and possibly the angler.

- Supplied baits may be rigged any way that angler wishes as long as the 4" min bait size is met.

- All fish photos must be posted in the official photo log with accompanying report stating rigging method and technique/presentation utilized, and body of water the fish was caught in. Big fish entries should include a second photo of the angler holding the fish to be used for promos.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Tue May 31, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:1st Ever Fish-N-Fool Online Bass Tournament - Win a Pike Trip and Gear!

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:05 pm

This is the Sign Up List

1) Sign in on this thread to be entered in the tournament. Your sign in will also serve as your thread for entering your photos when the tournament starts.

2) Send me a PM with your actual name, address, e-mail, and phone number.

3) I will then mail you your Fish-N-Fool bait for the tournament - you've already scored free bait products, cool!

Stay tuned and we'll announce the exact dates when the permit comes back from WDFW.

Please limit posts on this thread to sign ups only. I'll start another thread that you can use for conversations about the Tournament.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:15 pm

"Enter me in the Fish-N-Fool bass fishing tournament".

I'm in

amx

*Very good. This will be where you'll add your photo attachments for the tournament. Good luck!
Last edited by Amx on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:45 pm

I`m in as well very cool. rjn cajun

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:08 pm

Im in aslong as I dont have to tell where im fishing. Will send a pm when this is confirmed

*Note from Mike - yes, part of the contest rules are that you do have to indicate where you caught your fish. This is a WDFW requirement as this is a fishing tournament and falls under their rules. You can post it as a secret lake so long as you provide the real lake name to Fish-N-Fool so they can record it on the report that has to be submitted to WDFW.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

bass2elk
Petty Officer

Post by bass2elk » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Ok is it as many fish as you can possibly catch and take pictures of on any given day or is it say the best of five?

*From Mike - per the rules:

•The challenge will be to see how many fish you can catch with a minimum amount of "Sink-N-Fool" baits.

You keep catching fish, taking pictures, and adding them to your photo catch record until the end of the tourney or you run out of bait, whichever comes first.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JWS
Petty Officer

Post by JWS » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Please count me in for the Fish-N-Fool online tourney.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Please, post questions on this thread:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... -Here.aspx

and let's keep this thread ONLY for people that are signing up for the contest. Thanks.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:43 pm

I'm in
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bass2elk
Petty Officer

Post by bass2elk » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Ok count me in.

Rivercamp72
Petty Officer

Post by Rivercamp72 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Sign me up please.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:01 pm

this sounds like a lot of fun! Count me in!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:41 am

Mike Carey wrote:This is the Sign Up List

1) Sign in on this thread to be entered in the tournament. Your sign in will also serve as your thread for entering your photos when the tournament starts.

2) Send me a PM with your actual name, address, e-mail, and phone number.

3) I will then mail you your Fish-N-Fool bait for the tournament - you've already scored free bait products, cool!

Stay tuned and we'll announce the exact dates when the permit comes back from WDFW.

Please limit posts on this thread to sign ups only. I'll start another thread that you can use for conversations about the Tournament.

Wow! great marketing! I want in on this. PM coming Mike.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

rockjiggr
Warrant Officer

Post by rockjiggr » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:17 am

Count me in!
The cast that catches the fish is never too short. Patrick McManus

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:29 am

updated.

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 am

Sounds like it's time to give bassin' a try. At least I don't to have to buy any bait.. :) I'm in!
Last edited by fishing collector on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:54 am

I'll give er a go! Sending PM.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:23 pm

Sign me up Mike please...I will donate the trip if i win.....
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:10 pm

rock jiggr, and Yankin Jaw, please send me a PM with your name, address, e-mail and phone number to add to my list.

Yankin Jaw, very cool, thanks for the offer.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:31 pm

Changed my mind, im gonna back out on this. Just to much to do especially if fishing alone.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.