Puyallup River Get-Together!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fish_Bait111397
Captain

RE:Puyallup River Get-Together!

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Hmm.. how much deeper does it get after the 3 feet?
Im only 5'3 #-o
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Jerry H wrote:Anywhere on the river road side is bad for parking. There is not much legal parking and they were and will continue to ticket and tow. Also most parking is on the south side of the road that means crossing 4 lanes of trafic and the left turn lane.

Last weekend I found a place on levee rd. about 1 1/2 miles downriver from the 66th street bridge. The parking was on the north side of Levee rd. in a mowed grass area. Didn't see any signs and cars were parked in the area. We caught fish but not as many as there seemed to be up by the bridge. It was strictky a chest wadder fishing area. The first step took you to 3 ft. then leveled out some people walked all the way across. If the link below works the parking area was in the 4600 block.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl
Nope link didn't work
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Jerry H- SHHHHH! LOL that first few feet is my fishing lane and I don't want a bunch of wading gurus in the river fussing it up.#-o Suppose if they wade back out to the middle and fish back toward the bank it'd be alright if we coordinated drifts.

PS- thanx for that link Jerry H. It is exactly where I want everyone to go (think it was Texas or La or something). I hear redfishing is good down there.
Last edited by knotabassturd on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Jerry H
Warrant Officer

Post by Jerry H » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:34 pm

knotabassturd - That is what we were doing wadding out into the river and fishing back at shore.

Sorry the link didn't work I'll see if I can figure it out and repost.
Last edited by Jerry H on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerry H
Warrant Officer

Post by Jerry H » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:06 pm

I can't get the map link to work so if you go to Google Maps and enter Driving directions to 5074 N Levee Rd E, Fife, WA 98443
you will see the parking area. Not saying this is a great place to fish but maybe an option.

Fish Bait - I'm 5'8" where we fished it went from 3 ft to just below mid chest.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Are there alot of parking spots behind K-Mart? Or by Fred Meyers? Never fished either hole.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Just an update my maybe is a no go.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Dang it#-o can't make it pictures and fees for school#-o
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:35 pm

No offence to you all but after hearing all of the parking hassles down there this year and the combat fishing as I know it is down there. I think I will stay up north. I will get a chance to meet you all in good time.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:09 pm

I also am going to bow out. I will be chasing Steelies. Good luck everyone!
"One more......."

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Anything happening on the Nisqually. There is generally pretty good parking along the river?
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 pm

If I don't have to work Saturday, I will probably run out there to say hi and maybe share some smoked PINK salmon to those that realize they are worthwhile when prepared properly:-" :) Haven't been out since a week ago and have gone thru almost all my smoked pinks so need to get back out!:)
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

MrJohn
Petty Officer

Post by MrJohn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:06 am

srry.....can't make it now....life gets in the way sometimes.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:50 am

sorry, gotta hit 8.2 tomorrow. Contractual obligations. I promised a friend I would take her fishing Shipwreck awhile back and this was my only opportunity to do it. Shot some pics and be sure to post em on here.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:57 am

I dont even remember where your gonna be but im headed there now. I am taking my boy. Hope to see some of ya down there. We will be fishing around clarks creek.
More fish please!

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Well i woke up this morning at about 5 30, left the house at about 6, at about 6 30 or so goin down the road the tranny went out in our Dodge Ram. So im back at the house an couldnt make it out. It wont be taken in until tomorrow at about 3.

jeff scott
Angler

Post by jeff scott » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:23 pm

I ca make it as I am in Central Oregon. I will be at my favorite spot early Monday morning. Have fun and good luck.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Slow start today, but on the way.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:59 pm

tnj8222 wrote:Slow start today, but on the way.
Yeah but where did you end up going? I followed this thread from afar thinking that I might pop in unannounced but it looks like it unraveled at the very end. Looks like 3 different locations now. In Tacoma, there was the description of down a gravel road, an address of a different location(that map was helpful), then there is Clarks Creek in Puyallup. It's all good. Hopefully a gathering will be set up for next saturday, I'd love to stop in and say howdy and gather some pointers on the Puke! :)
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Me and my boy did well. I limited with 4 and he got 3 in. We lost alot of fish 3 of them was right at the net. Just waiting to get tired out a lil and poof off the hook. The hardest part about netting a fish at the puyallup is ya cant see the dang thing till its right there. Zero vis.
More fish please!