Lake Roosevelt Walleyes?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
deadyote
Petty Officer

Lake Roosevelt Walleyes?

Post by deadyote » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:38 pm

I'm headed over to the Hunters area for a week in the middle of July and will be staying right on the lake. I have been walleye fishing twice before and we used jigs with a worm on the end. If you have any other riggings or know of places to try out near Hunters, I would appreciate it. Thanks

mav186
Commander

RE:Lake Roosevelt Walleyes?

Post by mav186 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:40 am

Yote..I usually use jigs early in the year (pre-spawn), then worm harness/bottom bouncers or cranks later in the year. Doesn't hurt to brush up on the regs for that area before heading out too. Good Luck!

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Lake Roosevelt Walleyes?

Post by Anglinarcher » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Your jigs will still work there, but try to only use them when you have located a school or to fish a tight turn or shelf you found on your bottom sounder.

Otherwise, the trolling option usually gets more fish and covers more water. Cranks, spinner rigs, both work well this time of year, but don't forget to experiment. I find that the bottom bouncer spinner rig set-up should probably be a little sparse, perhaps only one or two beads, and in a green color.:-#
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”