Lake McMurry

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
GeryG
Warrant Officer

Lake McMurry

Post by GeryG » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:58 pm

You see the weekly trout plant 17,000+ @ 1.4 to a Lb. SWEET :cheers:

Smar969905
Petty Officer

RE:Lake McMurry

Post by Smar969905 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 am

I am planning a quick trip to McMurry on April 27 with my fiance and her sister. Just after opening day, so it shouldn't be completely fished out, and on a monday, so it shouldnt be completely packed. I am going to try to be up around 6:00 AM, maybe a little earlier.

I was up there on opening day a couple years ago with my girlfriend trolling near the dock on the far side from the boat launch with a particular spoon that i thought would be bigger than anything there would want to give her a better chance at limiting out first. Fish wouldnt stay off this thing. It is a Thomas brand spoon. A year or so before that with my dad, but not on opening day, i was using a soft body lure with a spinner on the front, and was doing pretty well in front of the dock made of logs almost straight across from the boat launch to the point that my dad finally asked if i had another one.
Image Image
If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape, then it isn't broken