New to the area

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
MO-Fishin
Angler

New to the area

Post by MO-Fishin » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Well, got stationed here last summer from VA and haven't really found a good spot yet. Haven't met anyone who likes to fish as much as I do yet either haha.

Background: grew up in Missouri fishing for trout, bass, and catfish from the riverbank and when we could make it to the lake. Did a little lake fishing out in VA as well.

I went to Lake Stevens yesterday and it was crowded at the boat launch and couldn't find any public areas to fish from. So I kept goin' down the road to Lake Roesiger and man was it low.

Are there any lakes or rivers to fish well from the bank around here? Thanks guys.

kavykid2k6
Warrant Officer

RE:New to the area

Post by kavykid2k6 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:10 pm

if your interested in catching some steelhead you have the pilchuck river not to far from you. it has alot of places to drift fish from the bank and has been kicking out some steel over the last few weeks. and lake cassidy ( over by the resort) has had a few cold water crappie caught in it
Fishing the waters of the stilly, sky and snoho and the lakes of
North Snohomish county-- and my pond

trout assault sean
Petty Officer

Post by trout assault sean » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:58 am

the pilchuck, the stilly, and the puyallup., oh and the sauk, but thats kind of a ways for ya i might think.
SENIOR THIS YEAR AT GRANITE FALLS HIGH SCHOOL
Almost have my drivers lisence.
I would rather be fishin' than sittin' in school wishin i was fishin'.
<')}}}}><

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:41 pm

Welcome aboard...Try Blackman's lake just north of downtown Snohomish. There is a couple of docks to fish from. I have always liked the southern dock. Just to the right of the launch. Big holdovers and some broodstock. Fish up off the bottom with Pwr bait or worms. Good Luck, Steve

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:38 pm

There are several lakes in north Snohomish County to fish for trout once the water warms and most of the lakes re-open. The season opener is the last Saturday in April. Prior to the opener, most lakes that are closed right now will be stocked with rainbow trout, and the opener and the weeks following the opener are allot of fun. Grab a regulations pamphlet at any sporting goods store and have a look at lakes in your area that are open year round. I agree that Blackman's might be a good choice right now. Check out the two reports with high ratings this month for that lake. Both members caught very big fish at Blackmans Lake, both I believe over 7 pounds. You can fish Blackmans from shore at either the public launch or the park across from the launch. If you are going to be here a while, I would recommend you get yourself a 12’ aluminum boat so you can fish all the lakes in your area to the best of your ability. As already mentioned, you can try the rivers, and the salt water such as down at the mukelteo Ferry dock offers some bottom fishing for flounder, sea bass, and perch. If you drive to Edmonds, the main public pier offers the same bottom fishing as well as salmon when they are running and in season. Don't forget about crab season which opens on or around July 4th. You can toss a crab pot from the pier in Edmonds or the Everett Marina and catch some dungeness crab. Gooooooood Eating!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.