Fishing near San Antonio

Post your exotic destination fishing reports here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dubsmcgee
Angler

Fishing near San Antonio

Post by dubsmcgee » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Went fishing today with a pretty good dude. This guys knew what he was doing and his goal was to make me catch the fish of my life today. Well, we did not accomplish this, but we did lay into them pretty good. I got a couple 4lbers and a few 3s, quite a few dinks too.

All in all, we both caught a total of 53 LMB in some water with lots of structure Near San Antonio. We were using spinners, soft plastics in junebug/red/and others rigged texas and wacky, frog, and some crank baits.

It truly was an experience I will never forget. I know now that you can fish a lake and produce bass in pretty much any condition. But the ol standbys are still there (coldfront/fullmoon etc) Don't forget what you already know. Just fish the entire lake and dont give up.

I had a great time...and experience I will never forget...

Return to “Beyond the Northwest -Bud N Mary's Marina, Sponsor”