Anybody been out to Blackmans lake recently?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
GeryG
Warrant Officer

Anybody been out to Blackmans lake recently?

Post by GeryG » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Just wondering if any ones been to Blackmans lake recently.
I havent seen a report, so maybe there was nothing to report, like it was
poor fishing. I plan to go after work, just wondering if I should wait another week.
I'll give a report when I go, so there will be a report on the lake for all to see.

02bluestang
Angler

RE:Anybody been out to Blackmans lake recently?

Post by 02bluestang » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:24 pm

I was going to go Monday 4/21 but I think the weather is still a little cold....I used to go a lot to Eastern Washington but lost the use of a boat and truck...Last Oct I bought an 05 F150 FX4 though and got my boat back out on the lakes (10 ft livingston)...

I had good luck late last year (aug-sept) near the main park dock as well as the side of the lake where the reeds are pretty deep....have fished the lake with both wet fly's trolling from a float tube and boat and regular spin cast rods (trolling)

Best luck has been with an Orange Jameson shrimp. Most of the ones I caught last year were 6-10" but I pulled one on the float tube that was 16"....Lake is either hot or cold, had 2 times I got skunked while going several days later and caught 14-18 fish each trip (catch and release).

Im hoping to get out and try the lake since they planted it by the start of May...just wish this snow would go away...

Also going to try Chain lake, nice little lake, not too many people fish it, big fish and not a lot of traffic/houses around the lake...just watch out for that boat launch, loose dirt and a steep grade right into the water.

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:56 pm

I have a buddy who caught a half-dozen triploids in Blackmans while the weather was good. Not sure how the fishing is these days...
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

slicbob
Petty Officer

Post by slicbob » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:00 pm

I WENT ON 4/12, AND CAUGHT A 21' ABOUT 3# I GUESS, AND WILL BE THERE 4/28 UNLESS SOMEONE WANTS TO GO ELSEWHERE. I HAVE A 15' ALUMINUM, BUT NEED SOMEONE TO HELP LAUNCH BOAT. GIVE ME A CALL IF YOU WANT TO GO I LIVE IN SNO CO BOTHELL SO I AM OPEN TO IDEAS. MY NUMBER IS 425-218-1203. MY WORK SCHEDULE JUST CHANGED & MY WIFE & FRIENDS HAVE WEEKENDS OFF. CHECK OUT MY POST ON BLACKMANS LAKE.

GeryG
Warrant Officer

Post by GeryG » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Well I usually dont go out on opening day, due to the crowds. Sense Blackmans is a year around
fishing lake, I figured if I showed up at 1:30 I might miss some of the crowd. 5 minuts after unloading
my boat 2 guys start to get in a fight on the pier, and one gets pushed in the lake. Felt sorry
for the people on the pier. I think I'll skip opening day for now on, to many people and to many
egos. Trolling is slow on the lake, 4 hours 8 bites and one fish. The fish seemed to bite when I was
day dreaming.#-o Well I broke in a new fishing pole, ugly stick lite, light action, and got the
first fish of the year. Cant complain, the curse of the new pole is gone.:farao:
By next week the water will be warmer and the fish more active, and the crazy people back in
there caves.:cyclopsan