Naches river

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
wbugger
Angler

Naches river

Post by wbugger » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Just discovered this river and fell in love! Heading back over in a week or two and would highly value any advice on this area...

Plan on camping near Cliffdell and fishing my way down towards Naches over a couple of days...

Thanks.

Todd

FinChaserNW
Petty Officer

Re: Naches river

Post by FinChaserNW » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Naches and Little Naches are great rivers. Gear is pretty straight forward. Light rod, light tippet. Standard flies like Caddis, adams, small naturals, etc. Nothing too big. Those fish are aggressive this time of year. They are also easily spooked with the low clear water but it's a blast to spot and stalk them stealth style. Have a great time. Had a few snake encounters over there so keep an eye out where you tread.

Scott

dcieszynski
Angler

Re: Naches river

Post by dcieszynski » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:41 am

I'm heading over to the Naches in a couple weeks and will do some fly fishing with my dad. I'm relatively new to fly fishing...anyone have any suggestions on the size & type fly to use this time of year? Thanks!

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”