Flow of the Stilli?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
MikeFishes
Commander

Flow of the Stilli?

Post by MikeFishes » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:46 pm

We're going to be camping along the south fork of the Stillaguamish river this weekend and I was thinking of bringing my gear for a little fun. But I was wondering how the river is flowing. If it's going to be high, I'd just assume leave my gear at home and heard the kids away from the water. Anyone know how it's flowing? Just about 2 miles downriver from Granite Falls?

Thanks!

RevoltingSum
Angler

RE:Flow of the Stilli?

Post by RevoltingSum » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Its pretty High off of I-5 in stanwood. There is normaly a good 100yd bank and it was maybe a 30yd bank last sunday! But fish were biting!

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:27 am

The south fork is pretty small and mainly a sea run fishery. There are some nice places to fish up there that are pretty chill, even in moderately high water. The gauges show that it's dropping and forecast a steady decline. But I'd never go camping without my gear. Just saying.

Thor
Petty Officer

Post by Thor » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:18 am

I use USGS to see what the flows are. According to it, the level appears to be rising.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa/nwis/uv?cb ... o=12167000

However, if I'm going somewhere and will be anywhere close to water I'd say take the gear. You don't have to use it, but it always hurts a little when you get there and find some nice spots and had left it home.

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks guys. I'll be bringing my gear and take a look when I get there. Just a bit nervous with the kids near the water.