Neah Bay Trip

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
physher92
Petty Officer

Neah Bay Trip

Post by physher92 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:45 am

Hey guys...I've got a Neah bay trip planned here in a couple weeks and I can't wait! But before I get out there, I have a few questions...does anyone know how steep the ramp is at big salmon resort? Also, are there any other campgrounds in neah bay besides the hobucks one? I'd like to tow the boat behind the mini van to save money on fuel, but if the ramp is too steep, I might have to take the truck...any info would be appreciated. any tips on fishing the kings/silvers or bottomfish would be appreciated as well! Also...any pics from neah bay or that area you want to post would be great...get me cyced up!
You can never catch fish if your line isn't in the water - you don't know if you don't go

wintersteelhead
Warrant Officer

RE:Neah Bay Trip

Post by wintersteelhead » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Hey, check out snow creek resort. Great prices, people and its not on the res. They have a sling and trolly launch and cabins or dry camping. Jake and Craig are great hosts. I spend a week there every year and can't wait to go back. Good fishing within a 2-3 mile radius and its only 1.5-2 miles to the Neah Bay fuel dock. Definatley worth a look.

http://snowcreekwa.com/

physher92
Petty Officer

RE:Neah Bay Trip

Post by physher92 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:57 pm

awesome! I checked it out and it looked pretty sweet to me so I made reservations this morning already. thanks for the tip. do you usually just fish around there or do you go out further?
You can never catch fish if your line isn't in the water - you don't know if you don't go