Skagit coho

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Skagit coho

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:49 am

Just wanted to see tips/tactics/updates on the skagit coho run. Already posted a report, but went last thurs. (9/16) with no luck and little activity. Haven't ever got a coho on the Skagit, but plan to this year. I fished the lower river just above the forks. I did great there last year for the pinks, and also saw a few coho. Anyway, threw spinners and plunked sand shrimp, still a little early (of course). I will probably try again in the little 12'er wed/thurs. River looked good, just no fish.....
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

curado
Admiral

RE:Skagit coho

Post by curado » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:39 pm

fish the log jams and junk. skagit fish like the garbage alottttt
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Skagit coho

Post by racfish » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Funny you mention that Curado. I think all Coho like snags and junk in the rivers.I was trying to fish this hole on the Duwamish where I know Coho hang out at. But I nailed the tree branch on my first cast. Grrrrrrr. Thats where they are in a snag area below this tree.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.