Why do you fish?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
shawn
Commander

RE:Why do you fish?

Post by shawn » Mon May 11, 2009 9:56 pm

I fish because when I am fishing everything else seems less important.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Why do you fish?

Post by A9 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:07 am

Why do you fish? I enjoy all parts of fishing. The peace and quite of being on the water, the scenery, the thrill and pursuit of enticing a fish to bite, the adrenaline rush of a fish being on the end of your line, all the fun that comes with fishing and going fishing, and even spending money on fishing is fun. Nothings better than seeing your rod getting doubled over and hearing that drag start singing when your trolling in September for fall Coho....I also enjoy the difficulties of learning how to fish for a new species or a new body of water. Nothings more rewarding then putting in time then finally having a break out day and you get dialed in.

What do you get out of fishing?

Groceries (fish), some good excitement, some great memories. Fun in general I should say?
What does fishing get out of you?
Lots of money. But seriously, lots of time. I enjoy it a lot though so its worth it to me.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....