Spawning Anywhere?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:Spawning Anywhere?

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:47 pm

Another reason wood is so valued by the bass pre-spawn is that the early spawning perch prefer the wood to lay their eggs in so the bass key in for a easy meal of fresh perch babies.(the perch really go for the deeper wood:-" )
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm really worried....I saw a muskie around a downed wood pile...It had the face of Alec Baldwin. "Tiger Baldwins?
What were the Baldwins doing on Tapps?:-"

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Yeah i plan on hitting up my lake as it should be good do u think the bass would be on beds or just sitting up in the shallows where i can see them

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:01 pm

fishingmachine wrote:Yeah i plan on hitting up my lake as it should be good do u think the bass would be on beds or just sitting up in the shallows where i can see them
Just fish the shallows, don't look for beds. Don't be afraid to toss your lure on the bank and drag it into the water.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:03 pm

kevinb wrote:I'm really worried....I saw a muskie around a downed wood pile...It had the face of Alec Baldwin. "Tiger Baldwins?
What were the Baldwins doing on Tapps?:-"
I'm really worried...
:scratch:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:20 pm

cavdad45 wrote:Sorry, I wasn't intending to bass fish so I just had a little lunch sack tackle bag with bare bones it. I was supposed to be helping my little girl catch trout. Ha! Ha! She wants a bass so bad now, but with her broken arm she can only handle stocker fish.

The reason I got the camera was to get better bass shots, then like a genius I leave it home.#-o

Poor lil girl , but hey if she is still pulling them in , it's all good ... dude i got a a fancy camera last year as well and i havent even taken it out the box .. lol :clown:

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Here is a cool link :cheers:

[url=http:////www.versuscountry.com/bassspawnmap.aspx]bass spawn click here!![/url]
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Lyndon
Petty Officer

Post by Lyndon » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:49 am

hey, It seems like this time last year bass where starting to spawn but this year it is unusually cold so Im thinkin its going to happen a little bit later? well if anyone thinks it is worth going out looking for nests yet tell me because this will be my first year fishing a nesting bass =)

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:57 am

I saw a bed on sunday, no fish on it. Definetly the start of the spawn now, if the lake is shallow and warm enough. Catch and Release, quickly !!!!!
aka Powerworm

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:28 pm

I haven't seen any bass on their beds yet. Should be real soon though for the smaller lakes. Should see allot of beds by the next full moon, mid-may!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:53 pm

ChrisB wrote:I saw a bed on sunday, no fish on it. Definetly the start of the spawn now, if the lake is shallow and warm enough. Catch and Release, quickly !!!!!
Good call and reminder:cheers:

Smalma
Warrant Officer

Post by Smalma » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:23 pm

Most of the lakes (here in the North Puget Sound area) I have seen in the last few days have had temperatures in the low 50s. Their temperatures will have to warm up at least 10 degrees before we see any largemouth spawning. That may happen a little earlier to the south and to the east than here further to the north. Regardless we need a string of warm days to warm the water column sufficiently for spawning. Remember that the largemouth like temperatures in the low to mid-60s for spawning. While one may see afternoon surface temperatures on especially warm days spiking up into the fish's preferred range that the bass are not spawning at the surface. Typically the temperature 2 to 4 feet below the surface where the spawning action is need period of warm weather to warm the water to the spawning depths.

While it is true that there seems to peak bedding activity around the full moon it has been my observation that the bass will not actually spawn (depsoit eggs on fanned beds) in this area unless we have a period of stable weather. Even if the water temperatures are favorable if we are experiencing a series of storm fronts there will be little spawning.

My best guess at this point that we will likely see largemouth spawning in this part of Western Washingotn the late part of May though the smallies maybe a little earlier.

Tight lines
Curt