SHARK... kinda

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:SHARK... kinda

Post by Bodofish » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:10 pm

Well if you get to the real reason I won't eat it. Fish business for 16+ years. I've been involved in importing and exporting and processing Salmon, Crab, Herring, Pollock, Cod, Hake,Tuna, any bottom fish, Halibut, Sword, Sail, Wahoo, Mahi, any Shark for a start. What I can tell you about the bill fish, Mahi, Wahoo and Shark is, more of is rejected by the FDA than is allowed to enter the US for sale because of high histamine counts. For the same reason all of the dog fish processed had huge stickers on the box "For Export Only" the boxes destined for US buyers had to have the additional "Not for Human Consumption" on them. I've worked very closely with the FDA on many seafood imports for the companies I've worked for and as a contractor for the FDA. Very trained and sensitive nose. The high histamine can trigger anaphylactic shock almost instantly if some one is sensitive. Very serious business!!! Take it from me they aren't worth eating no matter who says they're good. Getting poisioned isn't worth it. No, please don't pass the dogfish.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Basstard
Petty Officer

Post by Basstard » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 pm

ok I cast off near Anacortes.
Where can I catch these little buggers? I havnt spent alot of time on the Pacific so if anyone can give me tips or a spot for sharks or cod I would be grateful.
Thanks.
:batman:

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Spencer Spit, right at the end of the spit itself, between it and the island.

Dogfish galore.

E

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Good spot for Black Mouth and Kings. Banged a 27# King between the island and the spit a few years ago. My Brother lives on Swifts bay and we just row the little boat out. Lots of good pirating spots close by.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!