Baker lake fished out????

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Matt
Admiral

Re: Baker lake fished out????

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Roll call - anyone going to be up Sunday through Tuesday?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:10 pm

Matt wrote:Roll call - anyone going to be up Sunday through Tuesday?
We'll be there Sat and Sun. 18 ft Seaswirl Cuddy.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Nice, see you in the AM. Hope fishing went well for you guys today, man was it HOT outside :cheers: :sunny:

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:55 pm

ill be up monday or tuesday, i havent been doing very well at baker, been slow for me so i havent gone much, ill try once more tho before canada again, if you get the chance, let me know what happens sunday or monday matt and mike, thanks and good luck

bassplayer17
Lieutenant

Post by bassplayer17 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:13 pm

fishenfreak wrote:ill be up monday or tuesday, i havent been doing very well at baker, been slow for me so i havent gone much, ill try once more tho before canada again, if you get the chance, let me know what happens sunday or monday matt and mike, thanks and good luck
Well was up on sat morning did ok.. Fished the swift creek side by the 2 stumps went 3 for 6 by 7:00..All fish came at 40 to 45 down in 120' water...1 mph was my speed...Solid chrome 0 dodger 10" leader mod. plankton squid. Fire cured shrimp on first hook... Lakes down about 3' Tear em up Danny [thumbup]
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught....

Racer
Warrant Officer

Post by Racer » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:53 pm

I was camping up there from tuesday to today. My buddy and I had quite a time finding and hooking them. For the week I caught Five and he had nothing except two lost. It has been tough, not like last year. They are supposed to be dumping fish again starting monday and the lake level went down atleast four feet while I was there. That should help some.

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:47 pm

It's not fished out at all. Talked to one of the truck drivers the other day and he said they just dumped 1,300 fish in the lake. Dumping continues through August and into September.
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Posting reports for Sat and Sun now. NOT fished out, but not the slam dunk it was last year.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bassplayer17
Lieutenant

Post by bassplayer17 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes Mike its not the slam dunk like last year but you find one of those schools with biters its on...
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught....

Acefishon
Angler

Post by Acefishon » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:53 am

hey all fished baker for three years now this was hardest went 23- 27 July me and the step dad and only managed get one person limit for week got 16 lost 4 hard eight hr days last couple years only took few hours to get fish I think power company making up # s to get people pay for boat and camp fees there making killing up there. on that note if won't know what how got the fish pm me we did better than most but could been alot better.