Silver Lake (Cowlitz County) huge crappie!

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Trek2fish
Angler

Re: Silver Lake (Cowlitz County) huge crappie!

Post by Trek2fish » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:22 pm

I've been fishing on south end for about 10years now and targetin trout and the stocked rainbows are nice sized still but the native cutthroats have been steadily declining in size. We started out in early years catching 10"-14" but in recent years they havee been averaging 6"-10" & if lucky we may nab a 13"... It does seam the rainbowws and cutthroats have been iterbreading as we have caught quite a few trout with markings of rainbow with the cut mark of a cutthroat.. I am on a tributary that feeds into tthe south end of lake so not sure about crappie trout, they fight nice and and bass but have heard people have done great just off shore at the mouth of canal this tributary feedsinto, and havmksmve done great on rainbows...we are usually fishin in fall-sprin gdue :to masses of mosquitos 24/7 in summer time... I recommened hittimg.tributaries all around silver lake...PLEASE practice catch and release of native trout as they fight nice and come back for more within minutes after release :nemo:

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”