Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
spindog
Commander

Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Post by spindog » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:22 am

I thought it would be good for us to know where to lookout for each other, some boat launch and parking areas see more
problems than others. This is a few lakes I've had several problems. Share some of yours, we will all be safer.

1. Lake Samish, Whatcom co- had my window broken even though I really didn't have anything to steal.

2. Storm Lake, Snohomish co- had my tire slashed.

3.Lake Shoecraft, Snohomish co- had my window broken twice, stolen stereo and speakers, lost some tools. Also
someone had gone through my vehicle several different times seeing what they could take.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cast first, worry later.

fishnislife
Admiral

RE:Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Post by fishnislife » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Pre-Fishing for a tourney last year with Ben (bpm3067) we thought we'd try and take advantage of a "cheaper" launch on Lk. WA. Well, after getting back from a long day on the water, Ben was very disappointed to see his back window broken out and his gym bag stolen. Nothing valuable, just a mess. This was at the Atlantic City Launch in the West Channel, South of Seward Park. Don't do it, it's not worth it. The community is ghetto and people I have seen there are sketchy.

Great idea for a thread spindog. It will be interesting to see what launches come up.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Hwy 2 side of Rieter on Sky

N. fork Sky above Index (twice) I got even on both :-"

Pilchuck Creek west of I-5

"Free" Ballard launch on ship canal

Stilly above gravel pit

Sky at Sultan

Skagit on S. Skagit Hwy
Life's short - fish hard!

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Curley Creek in Kitsap County. Had my convertable top slahed there in a attempt to steal my seahawks jacket while fishing. Also the launch in Dewatto (the old oyster shack) in Mason county.Not my car but have seen many broken windows at that launch.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 am

fishnislife wrote:Pre-Fishing for a tourney last year with Ben (bpm3067) we thought we'd try and take advantage of a "cheaper" launch on Lk. WA. Well, after getting back from a long day on the water, Ben was very disappointed to see his back window broken out and his gym bag stolen. Nothing valuable, just a mess. This was at the Atlantic City Launch in the West Channel, South of Seward Park. Don't do it, it's not worth it. The community is ghetto and people I have seen there are sketchy.

Great idea for a thread spindog. It will be interesting to see what launches come up.

fishnislife

Great!! I thought I'd just take a pop in looksy on the forum b4 leaving the house FOR THE ATLANTIC CITY LAUNCH! I like this launch in that it's not crowded and close to where I like to fish. I will be sure and thin down the car on what I carry in the vehicle though.:-({|= :-({|=
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:27 pm

I have not been on in awhile but thought this was a pretty important thread. Been lucky mostly, only had one problem.

-Mercer Slough launch in Bellevue, brothers truck broken into a few years back.

Also Suak River/Darrington area, SKETCHY!!!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:10 am

On lk Wa I usually only launch at Stan Sayers. There is lots of foot traffic and cops hang there. Rainier beach is totally low lifed.Always has been.I wouldnt leave my car unattended there at all.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:26 am

I never leave anything in my vehicle when I go fishing and fortunately I have not been a victim which is not to say I won't be one one of these days. Great thread so thanks for the locations to watch out for.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:29 am

racfish wrote:On lk Wa I usually only launch at Stan Sayers. There is lots of foot traffic and cops hang there. Rainier beach is totally low lifed.Always has been.I wouldnt leave my car unattended there at all.
You would have to be crazy to leave any vehicle unattended in Rainier beach.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 am

I have left my rig at about 400 different lakes over the years and have only been hit once -- Several years ago at King County's Beaver Lake. I never feel very secure however -- I leave my canopy unlocked and leave nothing showing in the cab of my truck.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:51 pm

I have been lucky so far or my truck is so old they think I'm to poor to mess with. Could be the 12 ga shot gun I take with me ( for the snakes )!!8-[
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 am

When I posted this thread I should have included that this is not to deter you from fishing these particular spots but to
make sure your valuables are either taken with you or left home. I usually just leave my truck unlocked since they will
get in anyway.
One other place I've had problems- Alpine lakes, Kittitas co- Rachel Lake trailhead, came back from
Rachel and Rampart ridge after camping and everyone got hit.
Last edited by spindog on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cast first, worry later.

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Post by 8theB8 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

:salut:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The five phases of a fisherman:
1) I want to catch one.
2) I want to catch a limit.
3) I want to catch a really big one.
4) I want to catch them the way I want to catch them.
5) I want to help others catch them.

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:26 pm

I've never been hit there myself (thank god) but I've heard some stories and seen some damage done (broken windows, stolen catalytic converters, etc.) at the Lake Kapowsin boat launch and along the west side of the lake. I always keep a close eye on my rig whenever I'm in that area and never leave anything inside to entice the tweekers. Keep a sharp eye!
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:55 am

lake shoecraft twice!
lake crabapple.
I even had my gas tank sucked out last year!
LIP RIPPER

VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

Post by VooDuuChild » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:37 am

Snohomish County: Bryant Lake (little mudhole, street parking only) and not to far away at Lake Armstrong.

Some tips for not getting broken into, I NEVER wash my truck, there's NEVER anything inside other than tons of garbage on the floor (my woman hates it, but it deters theft) and never show up with the stereo boomin and of course an alarm will help make them leave your rig quicker too! I also worked in a 4x4 shop too, someone's rig had been totalled after being broke into because he had a Smittybuilt all steel glovebox which the theives took crowbars to and ripped the entire dash out to get into. Moral, leave glove box unlocked with nuttin but crap in it!!!!!
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:04 am

I have been very lucky so far, nothing huge that I can think of (knock on wood). But I know the Quincy area can get kind of wild. They actually shut down one of the entrances last summer because of the gang activity and vandalism. Also the parking lot to get back to Lenice has its problems and is about the only reason I havnt Lenice. Actually that whole area Beverly-Vernita is kind of sketchy. There is a ton of pull outs to the columbia and a lot of little ponds, you know right by the bullet riddled car and the mound of old mattresses. Watch it in that area as well.

02bluestang
Angler

Post by 02bluestang » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:02 am

Thus far been lucky and haven't had any issues. I know Flowing in Snohomish County has had problems at the public launch as has Martha Lake (AM) at the public launch.

As a rule of thumb never leave anything in plain site, always lock your doors, and take the MOUNTS out of your window for GPS and other electronics. Smash and grabs happen quite often.

I typically leave one of my business cards on the dash and that usually does the trick anywhere I go...I work in law enforcement

Teal101
Warrant Officer

Post by Teal101 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:09 pm

gpc wrote:I have been very lucky so far, nothing huge that I can think of (knock on wood). But I know the Quincy area can get kind of wild. They actually shut down one of the entrances last summer because of the gang activity and vandalism. Also the parking lot to get back to Lenice has its problems and is about the only reason I havnt Lenice. Actually that whole area Beverly-Vernita is kind of sketchy. There is a ton of pull outs to the columbia and a lot of little ponds, you know right by the bullet riddled car and the mound of old mattresses. Watch it in that area as well.
I would never leave my vehicle at the quincy lakes area for more than a few hours. Overnight I park it at my buddies place a few miles away and we drive back in in my buddies POS honda.

Kfisherman
Petty Officer

Post by Kfisherman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:47 pm

I've personally have never had a problem (knock on wood). I keep my doors locked, and nothing in plain sight. My stereo is a tape deck. I've been fishing in the Quincy area recently and have seen plenty of gang graffiti and plenty of schetchy people. Bangers speeding by on dirt roads, stopping for a few minutes then speeding off. I usually will try and keep my vehicle in view (when possible).