Where to get catfish, pumpkin seed etc near pierce county?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
r.sok
Petty Officer

Where to get catfish, pumpkin seed etc near pierce county?

Post by r.sok » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 am

I remember when i was younger lake kapowsin was full of punpkinseed and what not..it was a blast, I also remember getting catfish at wards lake park, not it seems there isn't much action at either of those places.

Do any of you have a recommended place to go?

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Where to get catfish, pumpkin seed etc near pierce county?

Post by kevinb » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:00 am

I'd give Kapow a 2nd look,thousands of pumpkinseed. In the late spring and up to early fall,they are very close to the shoreline. Worm and bobber works the best but we get plenty on roadrunner jigs.
The catfish are here too but I don't target them. Last summer,an albino catfish was caught off the Erickson Boat's dock.
Good luck.

Other good pumpkinseed lakes include-Tanwax,Whitman and Byron Lakes

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:38 am

I've never heard of Kapow Catfish, but i'm not overly suprised. Lake 12, no gas motor allowed, lots of pumpkin seeds and tiny bass.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:37 pm

Try Harts Lake. They have channel catfish in there too. You can rent a boat at the Resort too.
"One more......."

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:04 pm

I go to the other side of kapow fish under the tree limbs. Toss a bobber and a lil tube skirt jig tipped with night crawler. They love it. When its on youll get 20 an hour easy. Of course youll toss most back due to size but its still fun.
More fish please!