Buck Lake and Island Lake: no luck with bass

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
EmptyBoxes
Angler

Buck Lake and Island Lake: no luck with bass

Post by EmptyBoxes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:40 am

I've fished Buck Lake for the past three Fridays (after 9am until about noon) using a worm, a Texas rigged 4" and 5" super grub (3/8 oz. weight), and a spinner bait without any strikes. My retrieval is slow with occasional bursts and twitches of the rod.

I was at Island Lake this morning (7am to 10am) doing the same, even going so far as to try for trout with the tried and true PowerBait on a 2' leader and sinker weight.

Someone tell me the fishing isn't very good this time of year at these two lakes or my technique is all wrong.

~EmptyBoxes

TravisRush
Commander

RE:Buck Lake and Island Lake: no luck with bass

Post by TravisRush » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Are you trying shallow? They may have transitioned out deeper by that time of the day

EmptyBoxes
Angler

Post by EmptyBoxes » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 am

Yeah, you could say I'm fishing shallow as I can see the lake bottom out to 30 - 40 feet. My understanding of bass is that they like to be near/under lily pads and the logs that run at various angles from the shore, so I try to cast to those areas or parallel with the reeds at Buck Lake.

Someone told me that as the lakes get colder the trout will start moving out of the deeper areas and closer to shore.

I should buy a raft.

~Empty

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:30 am

Yes the trout will soon start to move out of the deeper waters. You can buy a raft if you want, it will help you get of the shore and out to the areas others can't reach.

donman
Warrant Officer

Post by donman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:32 am

Hey Emptyboxes, get ahold of Rippasher06, he fishes there regularly, as do I. He knows where all the hot spots are here in Kitsap. Here's the last report he gave . . . http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReportCo ... id=221&t=1