Cascade Musky Association

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Misselley
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Cascade Musky Association

Post by Misselley » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:13 pm

I have heard that chartruese color is really hot down at Mayfield. I know I'm gonna be picking up something with that color for the Mayfield Open on Sept 12th and 13th. You can find info on this tourney at http://cascademuskyassociation.com/Mayfieldopen.html. Great bunch of people to hang out with and have some fun. No politics.
Ellen McVey

Field Designs, Sponsor
www.FieldCustomDesigns.com
Cascade Musky Association.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:12 am

I dont know about that, I heard it was purple... good thing we got both colors and then some!! This box full of shiney new Ducktail Lures sure are shiney. Better than new car smell... Ahhhhhh.....

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:14 am

tark_44 wrote:Hello,
I'm impressed with the number of fish you all caught. Looks like you guys did very well. What kind of baits are you all throwing out there? Kaz

Mainly Bucktails Kaz, we also got a new top water thing, not really sure what it is, but Im looking forward to seeing it in action.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:32 am

TOURNEY RESULTS

"
A beautiful weekend weather wise and it appeared that all twelve teams had a good time.
I know I enjoyed BS'n with all of them. Even learned a new trick from a possible new member I'll have to try next trip.

Fishing was tough to say the least as Mayfield went from full pool Friday evening to two feet low by Sat morning blast off. Needless to say, falling water in Mayfield puts the fish OFF! About a foot of new water coming in from Riffe cooled things down Sat afternoon to make the situation even tougher. Daylight Sun morning revealed at least another foot lower lake levels and still falling to basically shut the fishery completely down.

With the lake down 3-4', it was even dangerous in areas as many stumps and snags were very near the surface. Much of the standard musky areas didn't have enough water to hold fish.

Even with these tough conditions a musky was registered and by a CMA member to boot. CMA's own webmaster, Craig Bukowski caught and released a fat, healthy 34"er on Sat morning to win the total purse.

1st place goes to Craig Bukowski.

Craig also won a $50 gift card compliments of Auburn Sports and Marine for the first musky registered Sat morning.

Craig also won a $100 check for the largest musky of the tournament compliments of Mostly Muskies Charters.

Congratulations Craig!!!

Craig: I hope you've got a good pic of that first musky ever measured on the new CMA bump board? If so, post it ol buddy.

The second Auburn Sports gift card was raffled off.

The double and triple option money was also raffled off but only amongst the teams that played these options.

As usual, the raffle at this event was second to none as the many merchandise prizes provided by our many sponsors went quickly.

A big thank you to our sponsors. Check out the link below for a list of sponsors.
http://cascademuskyassociation.com/Mayfieldopen.html

There was also a great home cooked meal put together by CMA's own secretary, Gayle Reis. Thanx Gayle. Darn good supper.

Another thank you to my right hand man for this event: My wife Lori. Couldn't do it without ya babe. You're always there.

Another thanx to MissElley for her help with the raffle and the cool 2009
T-shirts.

Some more thanx to those that helped set up and clean up. I won't list any names since I'd miss someone.

A big thanx goes out to our vigilant and patient judge, Jack Tipping.
Thanx for your time all day Saturday and Sunday. It IS appreciated.
Thanx to all the participants. Don't get discouraged. The conditions you all fished in this past weekend are by far the toughest conditions I've personally ever experienced musky fishing Mayfield Lk. Hang in there. It's only going to get better.

Mark "

Misselley
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Misselley » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:32 am

There are a few tourny shirts still left. I have several large and one medium. Shirts are $15 and benefit Cascade Musky Association. If you would like to purchase one of these shirts you can PM me. There will be no further printing of these shirts so get them while supplies still last.
Attachments
Mayfield_open_shirt_small_pic.jpg
Mayfield_open_shirt_small_pic.jpg (21.16 KiB) Viewed 942 times
Ellen McVey

Field Designs, Sponsor
www.FieldCustomDesigns.com
Cascade Musky Association.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Our meeting is tomorrow at the RAM in Puyallup(South Hill)
This is a combined meeting of September and October. Meeting time is 7pm and we will have
our raffle going along with good food and company.
http://www.cascademuskyassociation.com/ ... vents.html