WDFW News Release: Two-pole fishing option starts Aug. 15 on most state lakes

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Kfedka
Commander

RE:WDFW News Release: Two-pole fishing option starts Aug. 15 on most state lakes

Post by Kfedka » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:59 am

Picked one up yesterday. $24 fee, $.50 Dealer fee and total $24.50. They printed out a new license that says "Two pole endorsement."

It will create a new way of fishing now, especially those shore fishing lakes.

uncyboo
Petty Officer

RE:WDFW News Release: Two-pole fishing option starts Aug. 15 on most state lakes

Post by uncyboo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:09 am

Will this apply to non-resident license holders?

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:12 am

Kfedka wrote:Picked one up yesterday. $24 fee, $.50 Dealer fee and total $24.50. They printed out a new license that says "Two pole endorsement."

It will create a new way of fishing now, especially those shore fishing lakes.
What are the dates that it is good for?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Kfedka
Commander

Post by Kfedka » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:14 am

Good from 08/15/09-03/31/2010.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:21 am

I am going to wait. Won't do me any good this year.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

calico68
Angler

Post by calico68 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:47 am

That is great, but dose that good for the river or just for lakes?

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:54 am

It won't take long for the poachers to find out that they can now fish with two poles. I can see it now, two guys, four poles, a half rack of beer, sitting on the banks of Amber soaking worms. The same will be happening over at Medical.

It amazes me how people can take a clearly written regulation and interpret it as they wish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:29 pm

calico68 wrote:That is great, but dose that good for the river or just for lakes?
Just certain lakes.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:20 pm

We'll be making our contribution to the fund as well. When we're out trolling Lake Roosevelt for the big silvers and rainbows during the cooler months, it sure would be nice to have an extra couple rods with some additional offerings in the wake. For us lake trollers and panfishing afficianados, I think it's a boon. Fishing is about the only thing we spend our money on anymore so for an additional $50 we get to use two rods each, IMO, that's pretty cheap indeed, especially since we fish for tablefare. If it were just catch and release, well, I wouldn't waste the money.

Marc - Do you really think poachers will pony up the money to legally wet a second line? I kinda doubt that, but yo unever know. #-o

If the permit is good 'til 3/31/2010, then WDFW will be matching the current license dates for expiration. Based on that, the first issue should be pro-rated since it will only be good for 7mos, but that's not how those folks in Olympia think. :-" #-o

EDIT: Just checked the list of excluded lakes in Spokane County, Amber and Medical are both on the list. Not that some dubious person/s won't try anyway, especially if they're drowning worms. :-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Gamefisher
Petty Officer

Post by Gamefisher » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:17 pm

I also will be contrubuting. Two of the lakes I fish are open all year.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bad day of fishing, is better then a good day at work !!!!!!!

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:04 pm

OH YEAH, I will defenitly will be going for this option as most of my lakes and rivers are dammed to resivoirs that I fish. I fish for food more than I do for fun anyways anymore. Let me refrase that I fish for fun food/food fun!

Fish on X 2
Well its not called Catching!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:29 pm

dang, for a moment I was thinking I could run two rods on lake Sammamish for chinook this August, but I see they are excluding lakes with salmon runs. That would have been worth it, otherwise, nah, not this year. My lake fishing is mainly bass, but I'm not crazy enough to be tossing two rods at the same time, LOL.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:49 am

That's ok. I don't toss rods anyway. I throw lures. Image
Tom.

Interests: living

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:53 am

dang, THAT'S why this sport is so expensive. My bad. #-o

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

I wanna see one of you fly guys throwing two at once, one rod in each hand. I am already impressed by anyone that can get a fly more than 20' from them (I can't). But picture two rods, alternating, as once goes out, the other is coming in..that would be really cool to see!!:bounce:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 pm

I can barely watch one now.Watching two means more lost and higher fish kills.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

MaxExp82
Petty Officer

Post by MaxExp82 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm

hopefully they actually start checking people fishing with two poles to see if they have the endorsement....

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:I wanna see one of you fly guys throwing two at once, one rod in each hand. I am already impressed by anyone that can get a fly more than 20' from them (I can't). But picture two rods, alternating, as once goes out, the other is coming in..that would be really cool to see!!:bounce:
Let me introduce you to Joan Wulff, the First Lady of fly casting. She has been doing it for decades. I bought her DVD and she demonstrates casting two rods at once. Her only fear is what is she going to do if she gets two rises at the same time!

peQIVe5vJio&feature=PlayList&p=E749BBBA0AA8FF32&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

cjIDNMQDHzw&feature=fvw
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:I wanna see one of you fly guys throwing two at once, one rod in each hand. I am already impressed by anyone that can get a fly more than 20' from them (I can't). But picture two rods, alternating, as once goes out, the other is coming in..that would be really cool to see!!:bounce:
Let me introduce you to Joan Wulff, the First Lady of fly casting. She has been doing it for decades. I bought her DVD and she demonstrates casting two rods at once. Her only fear is what is she going to do if she gets two rises at the same time!

peQIVe5vJio&feature=PlayList&p=E749BBBA0AA8FF32&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

cjIDNMQDHzw&feature=fvw
Very cool Marc! Thanks foe sharing!:cheers:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker