PSFTC August Fish-in / Meeting

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

PSFTC August Fish-in / Meeting

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:05 am

We are looking to get together for our August meeting this upcoming Saturday on the 15th. We have been looking at fishing Kitsap County but are also open to other ideas. Seems like it has been a while since we have all been out together. Let me know what everyone thinks and let’s try and get something going for Saturday. Looking forward in hearing everyone's ideas and getting out on the water to do a little fishing. Let's try and get this finalized by Wednesday so we can get it all scheduled up. Thanks!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

BassDood
Commander

RE:PSFTC August Fish-in / Meeting

Post by BassDood » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:28 pm

We can do Long Lk...or wherever. I'm in
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Post by Kevin K » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Have a family trip this Saturday down to Seaside with the in-laws. Best of luck to all of you. Please post pics and reports. Might be the only way I survive.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 pm

Someone say Kitsap?

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:53 pm

seriously, kitsap? Hmm might have to make this one. Need to take the step daughter fishing one more time before she flys back to San Diego to.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:04 pm

We have shifted the date to the 29th. I need to take my oldest to get his driving permit so this weekend wouldn't work for me. So how does the 29th sound for everyone?
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:14 pm

29th works better for me :)
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:27 am

Now the 29th I can do. I put it on the calendar!:cheers:

I'm in Shoreline, if any northenders want to carpool I can take up to 3 more, we just hook up the utility trailer, throw all of our crap in it and split the ferry fees (or gas depending on our route). Anyone happen to know what the fare is for a car & 8' trailer?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:55 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:Now the 29th I can do. I put it on the calendar!:cheers:

I'm in Shoreline, if any northenders want to carpool I can take up to 3 more, we just hook up the utility trailer, throw all of our crap in it and split the ferry fees (or gas depending on our route). Anyone happen to know what the fare is for a car & 8' trailer?
Mark,..it gets spendy once you past 30',..not sure what your total length is but you should measure it,..I was wanting 2 hit some lakes in Friday Harbor till I seen what it cost for my boat,..$195.00 round trip,..but then again I'm at 35'!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:05 am

Great ... Looking like a good turn out so far!!! I will get more details of the trip posted soon. We are looking at Long Lake at the moment but if anybody has other suggestions for Kitsap COunty let me know. Thanks!

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 am

Looking like a good turn out. Should be fun
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:02 am

What time will you guys meet? is Long lake right off HWY 16?

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:07 am

Just a bit off of 16 yes. We would get an early start I think to get in as much sishin as possible and before possible recreation watercraft start up on the water.

Here is Long Lake ...

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=ig&h ... a=N&tab=wl
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 am

That's what i thought. that one is a bit closer of a drive than the longlake by Spokane i originally pulled up... :P

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 am

Yes it is a tad closer than Spokane ... laughs.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:46 pm

With ten or more I would suggest Long for sure. Any less and we could take over a couple of lakes down in Mason which would be fun. Of coarse there is the smaller ponds that you know will produce quality fish, but too many people on them wouldn't be good. Hope to see a lot guys make it out. We will make great slalom buoys for the skiers when the lake gets busy.
Launch at the North End Public Park?
What time does the gate open?

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:22 pm

BassinBomber wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:Now the 29th I can do. I put it on the calendar!:cheers:

Mark,..it gets spendy once you past 30',..not sure what your total length is but you should measure it,..I was wanting 2 hit some lakes in Friday Harbor till I seen what it cost for my boat,..$195.00 round trip,..but then again I'm at 35'!

BB
Ouch! Thanks BB, I'll have to do some measuring and hit the ferry website. Even if I dont use the trailer I can still take one more..
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:22 pm

I would like to go !! But long Lk is not the place. How about Deer or Wicks no out boards:cheers: no jet skies:cheers: no one else:cheers: :cheers:
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:41 am

Trent Hale wrote:I would like to go !! But long Lk is not the place. How about Deer or Wicks no out boards:cheers: no jet skies:cheers: no one else:cheers: :cheers:
Thanks Trent. Long is not set in stone. We have 2 weeks to get the water ironed out. Wicks does look like a good choice as well. Always like to hit up new water. Any other thoughts from everybody?

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:40 pm

I am up for any of em (since I haven't fished any of em), but I always prefer those that are least populated... As long as I can google map it or get directions from somebody I'm happy!