cresecent (pierce)

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
qxlooper
Petty Officer

cresecent (pierce)

Post by qxlooper » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:34 pm

I can catch trout no problem, but I can't seem to find the bluegill or crappie. I try worm and bobber and I guess I am at the wrong place. I have about 2 years ago got a couple bigger bluegill, and bigger, I mean bigger than my hand by a couple of inches. I won't even go into trying to catch bass here, I just down right suck at bass fishing and if one is wanting to go out bass fishing here, I can supply the boat, you supply the knowledge!

Back to the original thought...... Where are the good places to catch these pesky sunfish? or the all elusive crappie?

thanks

fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:cresecent (pierce)

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:45 pm

the gills should be shallow right now.. i do not know this lake but look for reeds and other vegetation also.. I would look also for points that come out shallow. I know for crappie I always had good luck in shady semi deep up to 10' areas. I would also try a slip bobber allowing you to fish different depths...
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Just try ever dock there is there to find a school of them or go over to the other side of the lake where it's shallow and weedy for the bluegill and crappie. I didn't know they had crappie in that lake, never caught any there. For crescent lake I've had success every time I've went there for bass, just try tossing some spinnerbaits or crankbaits, that always did the trick for me. I've caught them off the docks and over in the weedier area on the other side of the lake from the launch. You might try fishing during the evening when there's a hatch and see if you can find a school of crappie rising if they are schooled up this time of the year along the weedlines.

qxlooper
Petty Officer

Post by qxlooper » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 am

Thanks

i will let you know how it goes!