Snohomish River regs for salmon

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
slicbob
Petty Officer

Snohomish River regs for salmon

Post by slicbob » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:09 pm

I think I heard that the season openened today, but I can't find anything about the regs for the humpysor for that matter silvers in the snohomish including bait, hooks etc. Does anyone know? Also if the season did open today are they already in the river, or when will it be good. Thanks in advance for the help.

Bob

Eddie L
Warrant Officer

RE:Snohomish River regs for salmon

Post by Eddie L » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:35 pm

Snohomish opens Aug 16-Dec 31 for salmon. The season just open in Area 9(Saltwater) today for Chinooks is what you are refering to.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:30 pm

This is strait from the regs.

SNOHOMISH RIVER- from mouth (Burlington-Northern railroad bridges) (including all channels, sloughs, and interconnected waterways) upstream to confluence of the Skykomish and Snoqualmie Rivers (all channels)

SALMON- Aug.16-Dec.31 Min. size 12". Daily limit 2, plus 2 additional PINK. Release CHINOOK.

SPECIAL RULES- All species- Aug.1-Nov.30: night closure and non-buoyant lure restriction

So this means that you can start fishing for salmon on Thursday August 16. And you can keep two silvers plus two additional humpies, or just four humpies because they count as your first two salmon plus your two additional pinks. Just make sure you don't keep four silvers. Don't really expect to catch any silvers on the opener, just a ton of humpies as long as the run forecasts are right. Don't get me wrong you can hook into a silver as early as the opener, but the silver run on the Snohomish and most rivers for that matter usually comes right after the first good fall rain. Some years are different than others for when the humpies are in the river but more often than not, at least a good amount are in by the middle of August. Start low by Everett early in the season and work your way up river as the season progresses. Middle to late in the humpy run is a good time to target them on the Skykomish River.

Good Luck. Mabey I will see you out there with the masses of other people targeting them.

viet
Petty Officer

Post by viet » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:24 pm

where's a good place to fish in everett? i usually go in monroe.
there's nothing better than standing on the side of a lake or river knowing that only a handful of people have stood in that exact spot and witness the beauty of mother nature first hand.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:58 pm

If on the shore try the park by the boat launch off of Lowell River Road which is off of the Broadway exit in Everett. If in a boat try launching at this same launch and go up river to where Ebey Slough takes off to the left, anywhere in here is good. If you do happen to have a boat anywhere from Ebey Slough on up past the town of Snohomish is excellent. If no boat is available to you, great fishing can be had at Thomas's Eddy, Crab Bar off of Old School Road, or right under the 522 bridge over the Snohomish River. The last three bank spots I mentioned are up river from the town of Snohomish and are some of the best producing spots on the river for humpies.

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:11 pm

mallard83 wrote:This is strait from the regs.

SNOHOMISH RIVER- from mouth (Burlington-Northern railroad bridges) (including all channels, sloughs, and interconnected waterways) upstream to confluence of the Skykomish and Snoqualmie Rivers (all channels)

SALMON- Aug.16-Dec.31 Min. size 12". Daily limit 2, plus 2 additional PINK. Release CHINOOK.

SPECIAL RULES- All species- Aug.1-Nov.30: night closure and non-buoyant lure restriction

So this means that you can start fishing for salmon on Thursday August 16. And you can keep two silvers plus two additional humpies, or just four humpies because they count as your first two salmon plus your two additional pinks. Just make sure you don't keep four silvers. Don't really expect to catch any silvers on the opener, just a ton of humpies as long as the run forecasts are right. Don't get me wrong you can hook into a silver as early as the opener, but the silver run on the Snohomish and most rivers for that matter usually comes right after the first good fall rain. Some years are different than others for when the humpies are in the river but more often than not, at least a good amount are in by the middle of August. Start low by Everett early in the season and work your way up river as the season progresses. Middle to late in the humpy run is a good time to target them on the Skykomish River.

Good Luck. Mabey I will see you out there with the masses of other people targeting them.
arent pinks and humpies the same, just ones male and the other female or something? and also, are you saying you can keep 6 pinks/humpies, or 4 since pinks/humpies are the same?
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

Post by GJorgy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:40 am

JT...Pinks and Humpies ARE the same thing. A male is called a "buck" and a female is called a "hen". You can only take 4 salmon a day from the Snohomish weather it is 1 silver and 3 pinks, 2 silvers and 2 pinks or 4 pinks. Sounds like you might be fairly new at salmon fishing so I would suggest you look at the photos in the fishing regs and get familiar with the different species. You don't want to get caught with an illegal fish in possesion.
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

Eddie L
Warrant Officer

Post by Eddie L » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:33 pm

Here is a map for the Snohomish /Sky River Pink fishing
Snohomish/Sky Pinks
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.