NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Meatloaf_Rocks
Petty Officer

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Meatloaf_Rocks » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Name: Dan

Hobbies: Eating and lighting firecrackers! Shooting, Hunting, Fishing

What You Do: I'm Batman

Favorite Species To Fish For: Smallmouth Bass

Where You Fish The Most: I'm not really sure which area I fish the most. Mostly the Columbia River, Willamette River, Snake River and local lakes that hold bass of some sort.

How Long You Have Been Fishing: Since I was 8

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My Dad would take me out in the Sound and bottom fish for flounders. If you find a big bed of them, the action is fast and furious. Its also easy for a youngster because there is no casting. Just dropping the rig to the bottom.

What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: I do a lot of shooting, reloading and I hunt. That, and all of the honey-do crud.

Your Favorite Picture: 2003 Playmate of the Year

smgreg
Angler

Post by smgreg » Fri May 01, 2009 6:37 am

Hello, my name is Greg, I'm 53, live in Sedro Woolley, WA. Fishing is my favorite pastime. I am currently an Unemployed Technical Designer - I design new interiors using CAD for commercial jetliners, ex-Boeing employee. My favorite fishing target is smallmouth bass. Mostly fish locally - Lake Samish, Lake Whatcom, Clear Lake, but am starting to explore east of the mountains. Third year of Bass fishing, was a flyfisherman for 15 years. Have a Stratos 186XT boat.

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Fri May 01, 2009 7:22 am

Welcome Greg...hope you're able to make good use of your 'spare' time...tis the season!

Mav

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Sun May 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Mark, I live in Lakewood, WA(a block from American Lake). I'm 39 years old, and I'm a union carpenter. I was born with a fishin pole in my hand, I started fishing when I was knee high to an armadillo. I dont have any one kind of fish that I could say that I enjoy fishing for most, because I just love fishing in general. Any and all kinds of fishing. I go to American Lake the most because it's so close, and a pretty darn good fishin hole, but I like to get around to as many lakes and rivers as I possibly can. This state is blessed with such a wide variety of fishing possiblities, that it would be hard to get to them all in a lifetime, but I'll try....I hope to get a chance to meet some of you at the tourney this month.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun May 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Lot's of new registered (and unregistered) members to the site the last two months. We are over 6,600 members and in May we had around 45,000 people visiting the site (our "silent majority"). Welcome to all you new members! I hope you enjoy what you read and see and make WL.com your fishing home. :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 31, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:44 am

Welcome aboard many gifts to be opened in Southwest Wa:cheers:

Cowlitz:-$
N.Fork of the Lewis:-$
East fork of the Lewis:-$
Kalama
Mighty Columbia and more :-$

Turn the corner and you have Drano,:-$ White Salmon:-$ , the 1 only Klickatat,:-$ crosss the river the great Wind river:-$

Press them all each great gifts when the fish are in and I would use a fishing Rod to start:cheers:

My poles hang the flag:-$ and lights with pride:-& #-o :-({|=

Tight Lines Fish on!

notagator
Petty Officer

Post by notagator » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:58 am

Name: Chris
Location: Near the corner of the Skagit River & Gilligan Creek
What You Do: Market Asst. Manager/Meat Wrapper
Where You Fish The Most: Clear Lake (Bosses private dock), Beaver Lake, Skagit River and local creeks (from the bank)
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Just got back into it after my divorce and I have forgotten everything Dad taught me.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad wanted a son and tolerated me
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work, shoot pool, throw horseshoes, hike with my dogs

I've been lurking here for a while just trying to learn all I have forgotten and then some.
Would someone please write a Swede/English, English/Swede dictionary? I can tell there is a wealth of knowledge there, it's just hard to decipher.#-o
Yeah, I'm a Cupcake! Better that, than dry and stale like Biscotti!

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 am

notagator wrote:Name: Chris
Location: Near the corner of the Skagit River & Gilligan Creek
What You Do: Market Asst. Manager/Meat Wrapper
Where You Fish The Most: Clear Lake (Bosses private dock), Beaver Lake, Skagit River and local creeks (from the bank)
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Just got back into it after my divorce and I have forgotten everything Dad taught me.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad wanted a son and tolerated me
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work, shoot pool, throw horseshoes, hike with my dogs

I've been lurking here for a while just trying to learn all I have forgotten and then some.
Would someone please write a Swede/English, English/Swede dictionary? I can tell there is a wealth of knowledge there, it's just hard to decipher.#-o
Welcome to the site.

There is no dictionary available, sorry... But we do sell a secret decoder ring. :cheers:

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:25 pm

welcome to the site. you will understand swede in time. lol
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:38 pm

Decoder Swedebonics = process #-o :-"

At the STAR TREK LATEST FILM UNDER ((CUPCAKE)) Zone :cheers: :bounce: ))

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:22 pm

swedefish4life1 wrote:Decoder Swedebonics = process #-o :-"

At the STAR TREK LATEST FILM UNDER ((CUPCAKE)) Zone :cheers: :bounce: ))
OK, now I need a decoder for the decoder. We love ya Swede. :chef:

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:08 pm

Ok, this site will be going downhill REAL fast!!! #-o Cause I am here. :nemo: [-x ](*,) :fish:

Ok, ok, just kidding. 8-[

Name is Tom. I live in Maple Valley, Wa. I'm OLD!

Hobbies are bass fishing, muscle cars, bass fishing, sled dogs, bass fishing, and being lazy. Did I mention bass fishing? :-k

I don't do anything other than bass fish, work on my cars and my brother's cars, and play with the dogs, on the computer and watch tv.

Bass - if it ain't a bass, it ain't a fish. :scratch: :-"

Mostly fish in the lakes. Local lately for the past 5 plus years, since I retired.

Been fishing for about 55 plus years, I don't remember how old I was when my dad started me fishing in Michigan.

Bass fishing - started when I saw some fish in a creek in Northern Cal. and they wouldn't take anything unless it was moving, been fishing only for bass ever since. Need to try for some of those Tiger Muskies. :-k

When not fishing I play with the dogs, cars, and dream about fishing.

Can't show my favorite picture or I'd get banned on my first day here.:cyclopsan :-"
Tom.

Interests: living

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Welcome!! Sound like your going to fit right in! LOL:cheers:

bcalvert
Lieutenant

Post by bcalvert » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Greetings, My name is Brian and i am slowly moving through my 40's.
I hail from Skagit County but spend a lot of lunch breaks around the Stanwood (Snohomish County) lakes.
My wife and 2 boys also enjoy fishing and it has become a great family outing.

I grew up in Eastern WA, fishing the banks of small lakes in Kittitas Co. with my grandpa. We never did much catching, but did a lot of fishing. When i moved over the the west side of the state I didn't do much fishing, no boat + no banks = no fishing.

All of that has changed with the addition of a 10' boat to the family, now I am making up for lost time. I am currently on a bass kick (first attempt at this species this year) - and i get out to the smaller lakes in Skagit & N. Snohomish about 4 times a week.

I am a GIS Analysts for a software company in the real estate industry. When i am not fishing, I am at work thinking about fishing and learning ways to impove. I also play guitar, bass (not the fish) and mandolin.
Washington State Pond Jumperz
Washington's First Electric Only Bass Club
Hosting five open entry electric motor bass tournaments in 2012.

For the rich, there is therapy. For the rest of us, there is FISHING!

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Welcome to both Am and Bc...I'm sure you will find this site educational...or at the very least quite entertaining!

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:58 am

Well I am have been posting on here for about a month, so I figured I might as well indroduce myself.

My name is Scott, 29 years old. My father started me fishing when I was 4. I did most of my fishing on lakes, rivers and streams in teh king county area. I fished all over the state though. I fish for mainly trout, steelhead and salmon. Looking to start fly fishing very soon. I got out of fishing once I joined the Navy back in 2002 and now that I moved back up here (still in the Navy) I am getting back into it. I am now doing a lot of fishing i nthe Kitsap and Mason county area. The sad thing is I have a 12 foot boat that I can't take any where. I have no truck, it has no trailer and I have no trailer hitch on either one of my vehicles. So it sits leanign up on the side of my house in the back yard #-o .

So with all that said, I am s ohappy that i got stationed back here in WA and now can start fishing like I used to.

Have a safe and happy 4th anglers :cheers:

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:06 pm

scott080379 wrote:Well I am have been posting on here for about a month, so I figured I might as well indroduce myself.

My name is Scott, 29 years old. My father started me fishing when I was 4. I did most of my fishing on lakes, rivers and streams in teh king county area. I fished all over the state though. I fish for mainly trout, steelhead and salmon. Looking to start fly fishing very soon. I got out of fishing once I joined the Navy back in 2002 and now that I moved back up here (still in the Navy) I am getting back into it. I am now doing a lot of fishing i nthe Kitsap and Mason county area. The sad thing is I have a 12 foot boat that I can't take any where. I have no truck, it has no trailer and I have no trailer hitch on either one of my vehicles. So it sits leanign up on the side of my house in the back yard #-o .

So with all that said, I am s ohappy that i got stationed back here in WA and now can start fishing like I used to.

Have a safe and happy 4th anglers :cheers:
Nice little boat...I have one also...they fit the bill around here.... Maybe put it on top of your car??? Racks are cheep and the boat is light enough to get it up and down with some help.... Might try to get a hitch from trailer rental place also those boats are real light. I have towed mine with a little subaru wagon with no problems..... Keep an eye out on craigs list for a trailer or you might find one just by asking on the "for sale" classified forum here on WL. I got one for just $100.00 and it was new! Good luck to you in your quest! WL is a great place with great people and lot's of information. Take care, Steve

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

MyUtopia
Angler

Post by MyUtopia » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Name: Brandon

Hobbies: I'm a part of Washingtons Hardcore Music Scene. I love Doodling. I enjoy Cooking/BBQ'n. And of course, a relaxing fishing trip with friends.

What You Do: I'm unemployed. I dont care to work. I'm trying to enjoy my life.

Favorite Species To Fish For: Anything in a Lake/River.

Where You Fish The Most: I'm not quite sure yet.

How Long You Have Been Fishing: As far as my memory can go back.

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My Grandpa used to bring me out to the ocean when he went fishing. I dont like the ocean now though.

What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Shows, Video Games, Hanging out with Friends.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Amx wrote:Ok, this site will be going downhill REAL fast!!! #-o Cause I am here. :nemo: [-x ](*,) :fish:

Ok, ok, just kidding. 8-[

Name is Tom. I live in Maple Valley, Wa. I'm OLD!

Hobbies are bass fishing, muscle cars, bass fishing, sled dogs, bass fishing, and being lazy. Did I mention bass fishing? :-k

I don't do anything other than bass fish, work on my cars and my brother's cars, and play with the dogs, on the computer and watch tv.

Bass - if it ain't a bass, it ain't a fish. :scratch: :-"

Mostly fish in the lakes. Local lately for the past 5 plus years, since I retired.

Been fishing for about 55 plus years, I don't remember how old I was when my dad started me fishing in Michigan.

Bass fishing - started when I saw some fish in a creek in Northern Cal. and they wouldn't take anything unless it was moving, been fishing only for bass ever since. Need to try for some of those Tiger Muskies. :-k

When not fishing I play with the dogs, cars, and dream about fishing.

Can't show my favorite picture or I'd get banned on my first day here.:cyclopsan :-"

OMG, another over the top Smiley User... welcome to all our recent new members! :bigsmurf:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:07 am

You should see me on the 'other' web site. lol But you have to be a member to read the general forum.
Tom.

Interests: living

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”