Eastside Marshall Lake Fishing Rendezvous 2009

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Eastside Marshall Lake Fishing Rendezvous 2009

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:39 am

Friday was not the best day weather wise. There was rain and thunderstorms passing through the area most of the day until the evening. I'm heading up there this morning for a few hours. Hopefully today will be better and they can all get a good day of fishing in. The forecast for Sunday is calling for more rain and thunderstorms.#-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:18 am

The directions from Newport are coming off the printer and then we're off. See you guys up there!:cheers:
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:08 am

Hope you guys have great fishing and a big turnout. I know you'll have a good time! Take lot's of pictures.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Just returned home, got the boat put away, dinner's on the stove, and I have some fish to clean afterward.

It was a beautiful day at Marshall, and the comaraderie was outstanding. It was nice to meet Lotech in person, although from having seen and communicated with him on the forum, it seemed like we'd already met. Marc was unloading his gear at the launch when we pulled in, so we chatted for a bit. Joe and Jeff rowed in a short while later and we all had a nice visit. Stan was there too but we didn't have a chance to meet up with him. I heard RedDog was there earlier, but unfortunately, we didn't get there before he had to leave.

The fishing was slow for us trolling "pop" gear off the downriggers, still trying to get them figured out. Anyway, we did manage to net one nice 12" - 13" cutthroat and lost another one at the boat because someone's knot came untied. :-" #-o

I want to thank Joe for taking the initiative in setting up this outing and providing the motivation for those who came. We couldn't have asked for a better day! I didn't take any pictures today, was too busy fooling with the downriggers. Maybe Marc or Joe snapped some.

Also need to thank Mike and Aaron for providing the "door" prizes, much appreciated!!! :bball:

We need to do this again next year!:cheers:
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:17 am

Report is pending. I need to unpack and clean up first.
Had a great time.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

jeffw
Angler

Post by jeffw » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:36 am

It was a great get-together! I haven't been on this forum for a number of years, but Lotech Joe and I fly fish together. I took him up on his invitation to come to Marshall Lake and I'm glad I did!! I only made it for one day, but it was a good one. It was great to meet Phil and Ms. Phil and Stan and his family. And then there was Joe and Marc M. The fishing was pretty good and the weather was great! Sunny and occasionally breezy. Joe had the fly of the day, the pink thing, and he was eager to share.

Thanks, Joe, for putting this thing together. And thanks to Mike and washingtonlakes.com for its support with prizes. It's always great to meet fellow anglers. I recommend that this become an annual event. (And I'm gonna hang out around here more!!)

Jeff

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:53 am

It was good having you there Jeff. As with everyone else. That "pink thing" you talked about is actually orange. I call it the "Orange Blossom Special." Man, did it work well. I'll try and post pictures of it with the recipe later. What fun that outing was. I'm going to try to make it an annual deal.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:19 am

Lotech Joe wrote:It was good having you there Jeff. As with everyone else. That "pink thing" you talked about is actually orange. I call it the "Orange Blossom Special." Man, did it work well. I'll try and post pictures of it with the recipe later. What fun that outing was. I'm going to try to make it an annual deal.
Oh, Great! You had to name it that! From now on every time I tie on that fly, I will be whistling :-" that song the rest of the day!#-o That song has been one of my all time favorites.

Seriously, it is a great fly and worked quite well.

I really wanted to stay longer but had to get back in town for my reunion. That turned out to be a grand time and it was great seeing many people after 40 years. We had a lot of fun.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:Oh, Great! You had to name it that! From now on every time I tie on that fly, I will be whistling :-" that song the rest of the day!#-o That song has been one of my all time favorites.
I can hear it now, the late, great Johnny Cash and his eery train whistle. What a great song.:cheers:
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:10 pm

hewesfisher wrote:
Marc Martyn wrote:Oh, Great! You had to name it that! From now on every time I tie on that fly, I will be whistling :-" that song the rest of the day!#-o That song has been one of my all time favorites.
I can hear it now, the late, great Johnny Cash and his eery train whistle. What a great song.:cheers:
....or another great one, Bill Monroe, the king of bluegrass.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reddog
Petty Officer

Post by reddog » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:57 am

Was there Friday morning in the rain. Funny sight, a Bass fisherman in a duck boat on a trout lake!!! What a combination!!! But my son (visiting last week from New York) and I had a great time catching up on things since the last time he was home over a year and a half ago. Met Lotech Joe. What a great guy. And a trooper out there in a tent!! Thank you for the trout lures, I gave them to my nephew for use back home in Nevada. Thank you Joe for putting that together!!! Would have been there longer but for the cold front that came through and pushed us non rain gear wearing fishermen off of the lake. We stopped by your camp site before leaving to tell you that we SAW fish at 45 feet when we first got there off of that point that you showed me. But, having only drop shot to get to em, they werent interested. And I MEAN SAW. Cause I brought my snappy under water TV camera thing to look at em. My son had more bites on that camera lens then I did on my pole!!! I look forward to meeting other members on this side and get some fishing in!!!
Kent

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:22 pm

It was nice to have you there. I enjoyed meeting you and Brian. Too bad you couldn't stay longer. Saturday was a great day. I wound up with 10 fish on about 50-60 strikes.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

I would have liked to see that camera. Marshall is the clearest lake that I have ever seen.

reddog
Petty Officer

Post by reddog » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:I would have liked to see that camera. Marshall is the clearest lake that I have ever seen.
Yea, it was pretty cool. Really the first time that I have used it in the year that I have had it. (couldnt beat the $20.00 for it with the sonar/gps unit I bought last spring) And rather catch em then watch em. But we could watch em look at my drop shot, and look into the camera lens. I had the night vision on, and that must have attracted em.
Thanks again Joe, for all of your work on that. Look forward to meeting more members on the water somewhere sometime.
Kent

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”