Nephews personal charter

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Basstard
Petty Officer

Nephews personal charter

Post by Basstard » Tue May 26, 2009 9:01 am

Hello all,

Kinda off and on with my other hobbies but I have the boat all set up again and a new fishfinder so gonna take the nephews out and see if I can get them some fish to play with.
Anyone have any spots for perch or shinners and what not near Anacortes?
Not looking to steal anyones honey hole just looking for some fun for the kiddies.
Thanks.

wintersteelhead
Warrant Officer

RE:Nephews personal charter

Post by wintersteelhead » Wed May 27, 2009 4:13 am

If your in Anacortes, why perch and shiners. Your backyard is home to great Ling and bottomfishing. Try peapod rocks, or with small morning tides this coming weekend, try deception pass. My kid and I were out Monday and got one ling, but took a herring rig and worked the south shoreline of the pass and she had a ball catching my bait for the next time out.
Attachments
0523091842.jpg
0523091842.jpg (66.09 KiB) Viewed 1851 times

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:21 am

Now that Elder :salut: has some LINGERS:thumleft: :thumright to be proud of!!!!=d>

wintersteelhead
Warrant Officer

Post by wintersteelhead » Wed May 27, 2009 4:40 pm

That was what dad did last saturday in the San Juans

someguyseattle
Petty Officer

Post by someguyseattle » Wed May 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Hats off to your dad - I stand impressed
The fish. They are laughing at me. Can you hear them?

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Take not 20incher something:-" #-o Linger killers :colors: that Elder is a STUD!!!:chef: :-$ :cheers:

wintersteelhead
Warrant Officer

Post by wintersteelhead » Thu May 28, 2009 3:39 am

In the report I posted, I also showed the pic of dads 15lb halibut twins. My Dad, My hero, ya.....he's a stud!!!
Attachments
0523091341a.jpg
0523091341a.jpg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:50 am

Bottom line finally not just words on a PC some Pictures that match the hatch for the trail mix :-$

Don't even know the man he is one of my new Heros as well:cheers: I respect my elders:-# who back there game with doing!=d> :viking: :thumright

Thanks for sharing and just a note get a real camera man[-( and shoot with the sun at your back or use a filter!!!!:thumright LOL Bonics 101=; W-S tell your Pops a number uno!

Basstard
Petty Officer

Post by Basstard » Sat May 30, 2009 6:27 pm

little fish for the little kids is why perch and shiners. This is going to be there first outing so I wanna make sure they catch something that they might be able to muscle in instead of getting yanked into the water.
I let them catch little fish then when dad comes to pick them up Uncle basstard go's for the lings and hallies.. :)
Thanks for the reply guys.
Good luck fishen.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat May 30, 2009 7:53 pm

I would fish the shallows around docks and just off shore with light gear and jigs, and a chunk of herring perhaps? Flounder are easy to catch, and your kids would have great fun. I'd look for shallow sandy flats rather than the rocky shorelines. I don't know any specific spots but I hope this helps. 20-40ft deep.

I salute your desire to keep it light and simple for the kids. They will have much more fun catching the little guys.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Basstard
Petty Officer

Post by Basstard » Sun May 31, 2009 7:53 pm

That helps out alot thanks! :)

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:01 am

Come fish with us they will be on salmon:-$ some with shoulders:-$ and each kid will earn his just like bull riding or boxing:-& or any other sport cut there teeth right out of the launching gate:cheers: they will beg for more coming up!

The key to fishing kids:-$ very few is talk to them work with them and make each trip a adventure for THEM :-$ and have fun and put them on fish:thumright :viking: and reward them with each one earned.](*,) =d>

Are kids teams would not even want or fish a baby :colors: they were spoiled by me:viking: 8-[

Tight Lines fish on from age 4 to 84 we feed them fish:thumright and show them a tool to share to the next bunch of cast- aways as the world gets softer and less each year

Modern day Pirates come harder each year:pirat: :rambo: to mold and make them fish killers with passions and as there told by all the special interset groups play with electronics and tex message little Johhny well its 3 am sick as heck and we have 2 kids this morning that will become proud King catchers or the Swede will die trying!:salut:

Choices my kids I have about 50 I fight for and talk, camp, faith, school, and just listen to the one thing I tell each kid that was throw away by less then them there needed there special each will have gifts find those gifts live them with passions and make your workbench from doing backed with talent and showtime.

Bless the lord[-o<
Bless this world[-o<

were coming and the Swede is on the Feed!:viking: :sunny:

Fish on!

Any kid needs a present PM me I will try :thumleft: it will depend on you to Earn it and open it with Pride ](*,)

PS some kids never grow up they just grow old age is a number Beat it!:colors: :bounce:
Attachments
qwqwqwqwe.jpg
qwqwqwqwe.jpg (73.9 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
ASDFS.jpg
ASDFS.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
_BONICS-147.jpg
_BONICS-147.jpg (89.43 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
My_kids_we_love_all_of_you!-37.jpg
My_kids_we_love_all_of_you!-37.jpg (81.59 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Fish_and_fun!__LOL-311.jpg
Fish_and_fun!__LOL-311.jpg (68.04 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
_BONICS-085.jpg
_BONICS-085.jpg (68.31 KiB) Viewed 1747 times
_BONICS-085.jpg
_BONICS-085.jpg (68.31 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Fish_and_fun!__LOL-145.jpg
Fish_and_fun!__LOL-145.jpg (34.08 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.