WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Post by Mike Carey » Sat May 02, 2009 9:13 pm

iPodrodder - (and everyone else)

You can still fish the Derby if you don't have a live well. The derby is for bass and/or trout anglers. Top prizes are the same for each winner. You can fish for both species, or target just one. It's up to you. That's one of the thing that makes this Derby so unique. To my knowledge, no one has done this before. So get a permission slip and get fishing! :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun May 03, 2009 5:25 am

I got this e-mail question which required me to have a digitally secured signature for my e-mail (which I don't) so I'll answer it here and hope the sender see it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a limit of people you can have per boat and may you fish from the
shore for this tournament? Thanks.

Jonathan B

Answer:

Anyone on the boat must have a derby ticket (filled out the release form). Otherwise, it's up to the boat owner to have a safe operating boat, including number of passengers.

Yes, you may fish from shore and be in the derby.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 pm

iPodrodder wrote:Hey,

I'll be there at the party with my boat. But since I'm under 18 and my boat doesn't have a live well, I'm not going to be fishing the derby. If there's anyone who's not going to fish the derby but wants to hit the lake anyways, hit me up for a back seat or something.

I'll find out in the next couple days if I'm bringing anyone along and what food I'm contributing, so you might not want to put me on the list just yet.
Dude if your not there im not sharing anymore bass tips wit ya this season..lol ..come on man bring out the goodie bag and lets fish .. I personaly im looking to get big fish in trout and bass ..If anyone has anything to say about that , please feel free to show up at the lake and let your fish do the talk'n ...:clown:

BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Big Fish Lake Sammamish#-o :clown: see you in the Salt BD:-$ bring $$$/talk won't be needed:cheers: :chef:

On the better note we have some great give aways, custom stuff and some grits the Fish truck will be smoking :chef: and I hope all have a blast:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 04, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Mon May 04, 2009 5:20 pm

I was curious who else will be targeting trout, during the derby, like me? I have not fished here before and I'm currently in the 'recon' process of gathering info. I would really like to discuss some basics with anyone willing to share anything.
Thanks,
Mav :rabbit:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 05, 2009 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Mon May 04, 2009 5:49 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:
iPodrodder wrote:Hey,

I'll be there at the party with my boat. But since I'm under 18 and my boat doesn't have a live well, I'm not going to be fishing the derby. If there's anyone who's not going to fish the derby but wants to hit the lake anyways, hit me up for a back seat or something.

I'll find out in the next couple days if I'm bringing anyone along and what food I'm contributing, so you might not want to put me on the list just yet.
Dude if your not there im not sharing anymore bass tips wit ya this season..lol ..come on man bring out the goodie bag and lets fish .. I personaly im looking to get big fish in trout and bass ..If anyone has anything to say about that , please feel free to show up at the lake and let your fish do the talk'n ...:clown:

BBD
Umm TROUT:scratch: OH:money: :jocolor:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon May 04, 2009 7:28 pm

I was just looking over the rules/regulations page. It says that all boats should be able to show proof of insurance.
Is this just plain old insurance like I have carried on previous boats?? I'm talking about, "Whoops I crashed my boat insurance, or Oh-Oh my boat was stolen insurance?

Or is this something different?

I'm sort of wondering if your boat is not one that you would normaly carry insurance on... then it seems a bit much to get a policy for a one day fishing derby. Maybe I am not understanding the type of insurance we're talking about#-o
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Mon May 04, 2009 8:16 pm

I'll let Mike give you the official answer, but my understanding is that you need insurance to cover anything that you do on the water that would possibly cause someone to come looking our way for a payout. i.e. WL.com doesn't want any responsibility for your actions during the derby. If you don't have insurance and you run over a canoe.. and they see that you are in a derby, who do you think their lawyers will come after... well.. because this world is sooooooo messed up at times, I'll wager they would come after us.

Again, that's just my understanding, not an official answer. I have no idea really. I've never been in a derby or put one on before.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon May 04, 2009 8:48 pm

The Quadfather wrote:I was just looking over the rules/regulations page. It says that all boats should be able to show proof of insurance.
Is this just plain old insurance like I have carried on previous boats?? I'm talking about, "Whoops I crashed my boat insurance, or Oh-Oh my boat was stolen insurance?

Or is this something different?

I'm sort of wondering if your boat is not one that you would normaly carry insurance on... then it seems a bit much to get a policy for a one day fishing derby. Maybe I am not understanding the type of insurance we're talking about#-o
If your vessel is not one that would normally require insurance - then you're OK without. So guys with pontoons, tubes, boats under 14 foot that are under 10HP, no need. Bass boats or vessels that can cause serious injury - need insurance. Which you should have anyway, BTW.

I know the form we created doesn't really specify this, we'll have to fix it. It's not our intention to exclude small boats that wouldn't normally have insurance on them.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks Mike, I see what you're talking about.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue May 05, 2009 6:19 am

mav186 wrote:I was curious who else will be targeting trout, during the derby, like me? I have not fished here before and I'm currently in the 'recon' process of gathering info. I would really like to discuss some basics with anyone willing to share anything.
Thanks,
PM SPARKY101,..he regularly fishes for Trout from his Tracker,..and is a "Serious RBT Guy" he should have all the info you need!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 05, 2009 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:46 am

BassinBomber wrote:
mav186 wrote:I was curious who else will be targeting trout, during the derby, like me? I have not fished here before and I'm currently in the 'recon' process of gathering info. I would really like to discuss some basics with anyone willing to share anything.
Thanks,
PM SPARKY101,..he regularly fishes for Trout from his Tracker,..and is a "Serious RBT Guy" he should have all the info you need!

BB
Thanks BB, I'll hit him up...I appreciate it!
Mav

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue May 05, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks,

Hey Mav you should shoot Fishnislife a PM .. that dude can show you the lake really well .. And i personaly im shooting for trout and bass that morning ..

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Hey mav if u need info on SKUNKS hit up BB...he be the man at getting them:clown:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Tue May 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Mike Carey wrote: If your vessel is not one that would normally require insurance - then you're OK without. So guys with pontoons, tubes, boats under 14 foot that are under 10HP, no need. Bass boats or vessels that can cause serious injury - need insurance. Which you should have anyway, BTW.

I know the form we created doesn't really specify this, we'll have to fix it. It's not our intention to exclude small boats that wouldn't normally have insurance on them.
Ok...so I would be alright in my 12' with a 3hp motor? Good news. :bounce: I don't carry insurance on my 12' boat, or my 16', because neither of them is worth more than a grand!!! (ok, MAYBE 1200). Still undecided though. Very busy weekend at work, I'd have to come down with swine flu or something....:pale: .......:-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 05, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:25 pm

RR the tub value means little or nothing:-$
One fall or dent or accident in a coffee can floating Can cost you everything without it!:-$ :-# $$$

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Tue May 05, 2009 3:51 pm

i will probably be there i dont have a tub.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue May 05, 2009 3:59 pm

curado wrote:i will probably be there i dont have a tub.
All ya need is a pole man ! there is plenty of shore line to work ..

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:31 pm

curado wrote:i will probably be there i dont have a tub.
Curado you can partner up with me and Fishingmachine if you want to target trout...
Mav

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed May 06, 2009 8:05 am

Hey Mike,

Is it ok to send the $10 entry fee in cash?

Anybody -
Still looking for a back seat - I will split the gas & pay the launch fee.:-"
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”