Lake Lenore

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
spinnerbait89
Petty Officer

Lake Lenore

Post by spinnerbait89 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 am

Anyone have any information on the bite over at lake Lenore. I'd like to take the family over for a camping trip, but want to make sure that the kids are going to have a good shot at catching fish. Thanks!

mav186
Commander

RE:Lake Lenore

Post by mav186 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:59 am

Hey 89...there were plenty of people givin' it a go at the north end 2 weeks ago. You might want to give Big Wallys (509-632-5504) and Desert Fly Shop (509-754-4070) in Ephrata a call.

Mav

spinnerbait89
Petty Officer

Post by spinnerbait89 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks Mav, I'll call 'em this afternoon and will report back here what they say.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:21 am

This lake I have pressed for 40 plus years and have put 100's of anglers on fish.

Last year it had change and bad the waters were brown and almost dead we only spent 3 hours on her and left and I called WDF = we went to the spawning channel the few fish that were there were sucking air and working only the release waters gate.

This is a system on any given April and May I would average 25 to 40 fish days without even trying and my biggest almost 13lbs:chef: :-"

(Mark) I know fishes this system hard as well he might have the code to what turned the lake and waters to brown and worse And I have written reports that made the papers, pictures and more and pounding Lenore for 40 plus years to death and we killed not one fish in 1,000 hooked and landed.

I prayed it has improved I do not think it has and is the dropping waters in her related to the decline and I love the Cattle herds crapping and peeing in her 24-7 as well in the far end of the lake?????

I also heard a bad story about some release from a local farmer but that was just words I reported what I just saw it was very sad and talked with others who knew me whats going on???

I made the calls the never came back I will post some pics when it was awesome and then last years Brown is down death and smell!

The water has changed I hope she comes back from the pics I will share from last year trip soon we ended up at Dry falls had a blast for othes but nothing Like my loved Lake Lenore years

Fish ON!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smar969905
Petty Officer

Post by Smar969905 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:25 pm

I was at Lenore about 4 years ago at this time with some friends. the 3 of us were trolling from a small boat with an electric motor. between the 3 of us we got 5 fish, and 3 of those were mine. i was using a medium sized rainbow flatfish just under the surface for 2 of mine, and a wedding ring for the third. i dont remember what they were using, but we were the only boat out there. we stayed at the north end of the lake almost the whole time.

unless rules have been changed, before june 1, it is catch & release only on single barbless hooks and no bait. also, there was no spot for us to set up an actual campsite right on the lake so we dumped the boat and stuff from the back of the truck out and set up a tent in the bed of the truck. i dont recommend this for 3 guys.
Image Image
If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape, then it isn't broken

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:45 pm

3-5 years ago 40 fish days:-$ and fast:cheers: this is last March 2008 looked and smelled like death, zero vis
Attachments
Bonics_101_and_boys-013.jpg
Bonics_101_and_boys-013.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
asd.jpg
asd.jpg (121.72 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
XXXXXXXXXXXX.jpg
XXXXXXXXXXXX.jpg (116.06 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
asd.jpg
asd.jpg (73.66 KiB) Viewed 1206 times