Cascade Musky Association

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Ski
Petty Officer

Cascade Musky Association

Post by Ski » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:44 pm

First of all, I would like to thank Field Designs Rich for inviting us to use this page to educate and inform our fellow freshwater fishermen about the Cascade Musky Association and all things musky in WA state or elsewhere! This is a unique opportunity since we are a new organization and focus all our efforts right here in the Evergreen state. Also, we have a great number of members who love to fish for other species too. This adds to the diversity of our group and we have found several fishing techniques not normally associated with muskie fishing is actually very applicable. One example would be dock fishing. A method all too familiar to bass anglers but not so common with musky fishermen.

Thanks again Rich and I am sure we can all learn from each other. I know a lot of you don't even know what a musky is!! Check us out!

Thanks!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:Cascade Musky Association

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Welcome and best of luck to CMA. The Muskie is a beautiful resource and it's great to have groups dedicated to developing this exciting fishery.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Deadeyemark
Commander

Post by Deadeyemark » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:28 pm

R&E,
I also thank you for your generosity.

If ol man winter would consider leaving till next year we could get out fishing instead of just talking about it.

Great embroidery by the way. Quality all the way. We'll definitely be doing business. CMA and Field Custom Designs.
Looking forward to a long and fun relationship.
Gonna be a great year, I can feel it.
Share The Thrill,
Practice Catch & Release
Mark

Fishing, Fun & Camaraderie
http://cascademuskyassociation.com/
Dedicated to the Tiger Musky Fishery of the Pacific Northwest

Ducktail Lures
Bikini Baits
Stan Durst Custom Lure Painting
Charlie's Leaders
Northwest Sportsman Magazine

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:51 am

Its our pleasure :cheers:

I got back into fishing when my son was 3, mostly Trout and Power Bait.

A friend of mine over at Green River Steelhead and Trout Club, told me about a fishing derby that they, and Auburn, were sponsoring. Seeing him (my son Cody) pull in that first fish, the look on his face... Less than a week later we both had a bunch of new gear and were hitting the local lakes every weekend in search of Trout.

A few years later, right at the beginning of Spring... "Fishing Season", I met this really cool girl that was into Bass'n and Walleye. Ok, so my interest in fishing really started to take off at this point. I needed more information about the local lakes and the residing species. I promptly found WashingtonLakes.com and was drawn to, and impressed by, the community I found. I was subsequently introduced to the Tiger Musky with in a month of becoming a WashingtonLakes.com member. Sorry for the pun... but now I'm hooked!

Two thumbs up to Mike & Aaron, and everyone else that have made this a world class site!

Ellen and I are proud to have Field Designs sponsor this site and hope others will find the information we collectively present useful and get turned onto, or re-turned onto, fishing like I did.

~Tight Lines~
Rich & Ellen
Attachments
HPIM2050_resize.JPG
HPIM2050_resize.JPG (44.42 KiB) Viewed 3195 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misselley
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Misselley » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:23 am

Nothing like watching your kid pull in a fish. I started fishing with my son about the same time as Rich did with his. Austin's first fish was a 3.5lb small mouth bass. What was so funny was it was pooring rain. He complained about the rain until he pulled in that fish. After that he didn't care. We both came to the conclusion that if your fishing it's not raining, no matter how wet you are getting. A year later he pulled in an 8lb 30" walleye. Rich and I have a great time taking the kids fishing and camping (real camping in a tent) every year.

Now if we can just get the Chesapeake dog we have to understand a lure thrown into the water is not a duck he needs to go get.#-o
Ellen McVey

Field Designs, Sponsor
www.FieldCustomDesigns.com
Cascade Musky Association.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Well I was hoping to meet up with you folks in the very near future on the water but at this rate
with the weather.....looks like I will see you all at the next meeting.
Is anyone else suffering from cabin fever? ](*,)

Next meeting date http://www.cascademuskyassociation.com/ ... Events.php

Ski
Petty Officer

Post by Ski » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Don't feel bad guys! I think Mother Nature is waiting until I get back from Korea! I predict the weather after the 22/23rd of March will be much improved!

See you on the water then!

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks R&E for sponsoring this forum. And for the work you are doing for "your " Cascade Musky Association..we are all pleased to have you and your family aboard.Mark is pretty proud of the new embroidery you did. Hmm I gotta jacket too! I'll hit you up soon.Probably at the next meeting on the 14th of April.
Can't wait for this season to start so I think I am hittin the water tomorrow. Hopefully with a Tiger in the net. Or a smallie or a crappie..Hooked up the on board charger and ready to hitch up the boat! Time to stop tapping the keys and do some figure 8'in. Cee yahs'
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Just a reminder to check out our website www.cascademuskyassociation.com We have confirmed Open and Member only tournament dates approved by the WDFW. So we are good to go!!!! Flyers and info will be out shortly. So check out our website!! Thanks
Todd Reis
Musky Team

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Depending on the weather,I might head up there with Brett.

Misselley
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Misselley » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:22 am

muskyhunter wrote:Mark is pretty proud of the new embroidery you did. Hmm I gotta jacket too! I'll hit you up soon.Probably at the next meeting on the 14th of April.
I'm glad Mark was happy with his jacket. I do have to admit it looks sweet. If you need a jacket just go to my website and pick one out. Would be happy to get you all set up.

Ellen
Ellen McVey

Field Designs, Sponsor

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:53 pm

muskyhunter wrote:Just a reminder to check out our website www.cascademuskyassociation.com We have confirmed Open and Member only tournament dates approved by the WDFW. So we are good to go!!!! Flyers and info will be out shortly. So check out our website!! Thanks
If you use the "Contact Us" form on the "Community" - "Event Calender" section Aaron can add those dates to the Event Calender also. Oh, and also let him know your club meeting dates so we can add those too.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks Mike..we do have a April meeting set..in the announcements section..check it out.
Todd Reis
Musky Team

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Lakes rising nicely, were hoping to launch on Sunday and play with the new Humminbird.

I'll see ya out there, if ya can get them batts charged #-o , I'll be the one in the new tri hull :cheers:

If I dont catch you before then, I'll see ya at the meeting.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:35 am

Hoping to get up there this weekend even if its pouring rain.
Won't be at this up coming meeting due to a temporary work schedule change.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:37 am

Hope to see ya out there. Were going Sunday, nicer weather and Sat is booked with swim lessons and baseball camp. If you going Sunday, get in touch with me and we'll plan to meet up.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:38 pm

I'll be up there Sunday...Hopefully,I'm still kicking around the idea of fishing walleyes
on the Columbia but I may need to push that back a few weekends for better weather.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Reminder about our meeting on April 14th.
Mr.Chris Ferry from Auburn Sports and Marine will be on hand. http://washingtonfishing.ning.com/profi ... ociation-1

Misselley
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Misselley » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm especially looking forward to hearing about how to prep the boat and trailer considering we just got a new one. Saturday night let the kids help make some bucktails and on Sunday they promptly lost them to BIG rock or log fish, not sure which since we never got them back up to the boat. Guess we should put heavier than 4lb test on Cody's rig if he is going to throw a bucktail. Course I don't think we explained to them that you don't let them puppies sink to the bottom before you start realing them in. My bad :-"
Ellen McVey

Field Designs, Sponsor

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:36 am

With all the work Im doing to the lil boat and the damage I have found, Im sure looking forward to hearing what Chris has to say. Blown out bearings aint no fun... #-o