Columbia River & Snake River Sections

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Columbia River & Snake River Sections

Post by Aaron » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:50 pm

For those of you that fish the rivers of Washington, we've decided to put the Columbia River section back online with a revamped area list. Instead of 6000 distinct area to fish in you're now looking at 18. I think this will make it MUCH easier to post a report. I hope to have the Submit Report page done for this new area later tonight.

We've also given the Rivers their own menu item AND added the Snake River, also with a manageable amount of areas to choose from when posting reports.

River fishing is something I've been itching to get into instead of always heading to the lakes. Let's get these new areas off the ground this summer by posting some great reports and getting others enthused about the Columbia and Snake rivers.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

RE:Columbia River & Snake River Sections

Post by Aaron » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 am

The Columbia River and Snake River report submission forms are now available from the Submit Report menu.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

river rat
Petty Officer

Post by river rat » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:29 am

Good job, Aaron. I always wondered why there wasn't much on the Snake and Columbia rivers since they offer great inland big fish opportunities. I fish for steelhead, bass, and catfish on the snake and salmon at hanford reach, as do many washington fishermen. Current postings will help all of us on planning trips and how-to methods for more productive outings.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:36 am

We're going to be migrating some reports from the lake section over to the river section. Those will include any areas in the Lake section designated as Dams on either river, and we'll also be moving Roosevelt Lake reports over to the correct River areas.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Aaron wrote:We're going to be migrating some reports from the lake section over to the river section. Those will include any areas in the Lake section designated as Dams on either river, and we'll also be moving Roosevelt Lake reports over to the correct River areas.
Does this mean that Roosevelt will not be found under Lakes any more? If not, this could be confusing. On the other hand, most of the Snake River and Lower Columbia is considered Rivers by those that fish it.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Yes. That's what it means. Roosevelt will be put in the River section and removed from the Lake section. It's part of the Columbia River. I could leave a placeholder there that disallows reports and notifies users of the change if that will help.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System