Kayak Point

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
motorek
Petty Officer

Kayak Point

Post by motorek » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:24 pm

Kayak Point park is convenient loceted to me. What I can catch there from a pier or from shore and which part of the year? So far I just heard that it is good for pinks. I am assuming that there could be some more salmon or other species available :)

Gonefishing
Commander

RE:Kayak Point

Post by Gonefishing » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:28 am

All I've heard about Kayak Point is that the Pink Fishery is very good as well. I would be interested on what anybody else has to add - while it isn't easy access for me I have some reletaves that unfort. don't fish.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:12 pm

K/Point a great spot at times to crab and is kind of a bowl = the Pier would not be a place I would fish its in the middle and impacted less on tides and flows, a few corners south an north of the park have a few fish at times but watch the Private Property sighs:-$ :batman:
The land owners have poor attitudes:batman:
It is a very nice park for picnics, deer, eagles, kites and beach walks and back in the day many moons ago I shot my only large Flattie taken with the Spear gun that caused a stir or stair or 5:cyclopsan

Never knew a older Blazer could clear 60mph up that monster hill leaving the Park without sharing :colors: :-#

Last thing I heard from Cory was hold on!:eye: lol

With the correct tides you should find a Pink or 2 from the beach with a small tub and kicker only a bunch of them:cheers:

Bring your Crab pots as well a 2x Header:chef:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

polywave
Angler

Post by polywave » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 pm

I've launched there many times and crabbed in the little cove just south of the launch. Aways limited on the crab. Like Swede said, you need a little tub but even a rowable tub will do for this short distance and protected water.

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:38 pm

On an incoming tide you can C&R cutties on the left side of the park. In pink salmon years you can wade out to your pits (wear waders as the waters cold) and huck buzz bombs as far as you can toss them. Also the left side. As far as the pier itself there ase a lot of very educated, nearly impossible to catch pile perch. The occaisonal keeper crab, but most are short. The parks a great plaace for picnics and family get togethers but isn't in my top ten spots to fish within an hours drive of the house. Probably not in the top twenty.
Life's short - fish hard!

motorek
Petty Officer

Post by motorek » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:33 pm

What would you recomend to use for cutts? Is this part of the year good to catch them?

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:48 pm

For cutties use small spinners and spoons on the spinning rod and small clousers, euphosids, or baitfish patterns on the fly rod. Don't use any bait as the cutts will take it too deep. Just remember that in saltwater cutties are catch & release only. I've seen several "fishermen" get busted there for trying to hook and hide their fish.
Life's short - fish hard!

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:56 pm

I'd go to Kayak Pt more. But as far as I know, Snoh County is still charging $10 per day for parking there.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Keep it simple (Apple tree point):cheers: incoming tide, great baitcaster /float- live herring = Right by a home that looks like a Mexican$$$$$$ one level dream home

Long leader when the fish are in= or the beach in front of Possesion you will hook and kill if wanted 40-65 Kings per summer and Coho Remember the fish limits:colors: :cyclopsan
On a Grand day 10 Salmon a Cake walk right off the Beach and my kid bud Toby has lived on her most of his life and works for fish boys has hooked more then 100 on a Great run and year releasing most!
Leave the Buzz bombs at home they work as well but a great float a 25 yard cast just off the dropping edge and live fresh herring you will ruin the main line in 2 days pressing fish!:cheers:
PNP= as well on the correct tide from the beaches :eye:
Attachments
Who_and_why_and_what_did_this-13.jpg
Who_and_why_and_what_did_this-13.jpg (53.73 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
A_good_Saturday_for_little_lads_in_numbers-03.jpg
A_good_Saturday_for_little_lads_in_numbers-03.jpg (61.16 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.