Obama

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
SPARKY101
Captain

Obama

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:03 pm

=d>
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Obama

Post by kevinb » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Regardless if you voted for or against him. We all need to support our new President.
If he fails,we all fail. JMHO

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:18 pm

kevinb wrote:Regardless if you voted for or against him. We all need to support our new President.
If he fails,we all fail. JMHO
Failure is not an option.........

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:50 am

Kevin B you said a mouthfull.Youre absolutely correct.This is when Americans need to show support for a proud America.The outcome to this election was great.Both in the state and country level.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:59 am

That was one of the lines that I loved with his speech and he has used it before ... it is not RED states or BLUE states ... it is the UNITED States of America! I am hoping that more than just I felt that we have the chance as a nation to once again show the world and ourselves who we are.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:46 am

Bisk1tSnGraV wrote:That was one of the lines that I loved with his speech and he has used it before ... it is not RED states or BLUE states ... it is the UNITED States of America! I am hoping that more than just I felt that we have the chance as a nation to once again show the world and ourselves who we are.
Well said. :thumleft: :thumright
"One more......."

Basstard
Petty Officer

Post by Basstard » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Even though I did not vote for Obama I will support him as our Nations Leader. I wont agree with everything he does that I am sure, but that is what makes this country great. I can disagree with the leader and not have to worry about having my head chopped off or my family killed.
Viva La Cheese!

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:05 pm

I like everyones input, I'ts nice too see everyone coming together for one cause and that is to improve our nation and economy no matter who our leader is.
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

RB
Warrant Officer

Post by RB » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:17 pm

I met Obama when he was a senator. I was taking the Pre-Sat's at the NAACP near baltimore. He was our guest speaker and prior to his departure I was able to shake his hand and have a 5 minute BS chat with him. That was back in 2001 and its amazing how far he's come. Being that I have moved a lot beign a military brat, I have developed a really good BS meter and can judge people really quickly and looking him in the eye I took him as a really trustworthy person and have told people that ever since that day.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:26 pm

That brings back memories. While in high school, Congressman Tom Foley spoke to our school in 1968. After his speech, he invited anyone up on the stage to visit with him. I took him up on his offer and visited with him for about 20 minutes. We talked about Vietnam, lowering the voting age (at that time was 21 years old) and the drug laws. He had been in congress for 4 years then. What impressed me was how interested he was in my opinions, asking questions on my views and how friendly he was. He impressed me as a real gentleman.
He went on to complete 30 years in the House of Representatives and also served as the Speaker of The House for 6 years.