I'm Voting Democrat

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
jens
Commodore

RE:I'm Voting Democrat

Post by jens » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:04 pm

Joe the Plumber wishes to become a country singer. I can only imagine what he will sing about. Wasn't he supposed to show up for a Mccain rally...DOH!! Maybe Joe was working on, "She bangs she bangs....." William Hung.
"One more......."

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:13 pm

jens wrote:Joe the Plumber wishes to become a country singer. I can only imagine what he will sing about. Wasn't he supposed to show up for a Mccain rally...DOH!! Maybe Joe was working on, "She bangs she bangs....." William Hung.
Probably meeting with his publicist...........

j1TT7gt5F0w&NR=1

So sad.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:56 am

"I was just using the same stereotypical nonsense that was from the first post. Republicans are the "rich" group. All politicians say whatever gets the most votes or whatever their supporting parties want them too. That being said I go have to agree with "

"Bigbass Dez wrote:
IM VOTING DEMOCRAT BECAUSE THEY LAST 8 YEARS UNDER REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP HAS DARN NEAR DESTROYED THIS NATIONS WEALTH PERIOD !!!!! "

"I meant no insult to VHMLLC"

None taken. Glad I could add to the thinking public. The email did what it was supposed to do---- get people talking ,good, bad or other wise.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

Easy Limits
Lieutenant

Post by Easy Limits » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:52 am

All I know is if Obama takes office I am going to need a couple of those Initiative 1000 shots in the arm. Vote YES on Initiative 1000.:clown:

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:38 am

Easy Limits wrote:All I know is if Obama takes office I am going to need a couple of those Initiative 1000 shots in the arm. Vote YES on Initiative 1000.:clown:
I guess that we will be looking for a replacement moderator.#-o

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:03 pm

Easy Limits wrote:All I know is if Obama takes office I am going to need a couple of those Initiative 1000 shots in the arm. Vote YES on Initiative 1000.:clown:
Oh great, another controversal thread to start around here. Don't get me started, I'm going fishing.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:44 pm

I'm with Mike:-#
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:46 pm

Mike Carey wrote:
Oh great, another controversal thread to start around here. Don't get me started, I'm going fishing.
ROFLMAO! That would put a new twist in your job.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Just a little info on Obama is he has been amember of the NRA and I don't believe we will see a change on carrying or purchasing guns if he wins. I saw a couple posts about that. I am very dissapointed in my choices this year but I think Obama is our best choice due to the huge mess this country is in and the part Mcain has played in it getting here.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Oh no you help stirring the pot "WYOBOY"#-o

Team OLYBOYZ

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:57 pm

bigbasstaz wrote:Just a little info on Obama is he has been amember of the NRA and I don't believe we will see a change on carrying or purchasing guns if he wins. I saw a couple posts about that. I am very dissapointed in my choices this year but I think Obama is our best choice due to the huge mess this country is in and the part Mcain has played in it getting here.
Wyoming! Man, that is Cheney Country isn't it? Hope he doesn't see your post and you are within a mile of where he is hunting.:shaking: 8-[

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:03 pm

:rambo:

Team OLYBOYZ

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:06 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:
bigbasstaz wrote:Just a little info on Obama is he has been amember of the NRA and I don't believe we will see a change on carrying or purchasing guns if he wins. I saw a couple posts about that. I am very dissapointed in my choices this year but I think Obama is our best choice due to the huge mess this country is in and the part Mcain has played in it getting here.
Wyoming! Man, that is Cheney Country isn't it? Hope he doesn't see your post and you are within a mile of where he is hunting.:shaking: 8-[
It is and I voted Bush because I was dumb and voted due to party this year it is differant though. I am doing as much research as possible and trying to do what is best for our country with what we have to choose from. You got to weigh the good and the bad and take the lesser of the evil.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Photo bucket

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:01 am

bigbasstaz wrote: I am doing as much research as possible and trying to do what is best for our country......
That, is what it is all about. :thumright
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Remember the last time a great orator with a cloudy past took office during a time of political and economic uncertainty? Hmmm... 1933.

If Obama is elected my 8yrs of service to this nation will have been a waste as a far as I'm concerned. I wholeheartedly believe in order to President you need to have the stars & stripes woven into the fabric of your being; be it though Boy Scouts or military service. Political activism and being an ex-patriot does not qualify in the slightest. Part of the journey to the oval office starts long before you decide to run for office. You need to have made good decisions and minded the company you keep when nobody was looking. It's called character, of which Obama has very little. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing waiting to sink his teeth into the heart of America, sucking it dry.

Obama is a threat to America. He has zero national security knowledge or experience. He would not qualify for any DoD security clearance above Confidential. His legislative experience is weak, his words grand, and his pockets deep.

BTW... I voted for Kerry in the last election. I'm not a down the party line voter.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:33 pm

If Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing, then McCain is Bush's twin, and Palin is stump dumb.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:31 pm

I flat out don't trust his judgement or his integrity and it scares the crap out of me that as many people buy into his smoke and mirrors idea of how to run a country [into the ground]. Bush may have added a few logs, kindling compared to Clinton, onto the fire, but he didn't strike the match. You are giving Bush far too much credit if you think he single-handedly destroyed an economy. Obama's empty rhetoric may be the wind that makes the fire uncontrollable. Look at the out of control spending everytime the White House and Congress were politcally aligned (R or D). Nancy Pilosi will serve it up and Obama will spike it.

Campaign promises rarely become reality- who do you want running the country when you remove either candidate's health care and economic packages? Look at the company these guys keep because these people will find their way into their cabinet. Can you imagine Christine Gregiore having any national office to run amock?

I will give you that Palin isn't the brightest bulb in the box... but she's bright enough and has the moxy to get the job done. McCain isn't perfect by any means, but at least I understand where he has been and where he wants to be. Vote how you may, just vote.

[stepping down from soap box...]

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:34 pm

At my school, we have been holding debates over issues like energy, foreign policy, the war, and the economy. No one got to pick sides, and many Obama supporters landed on the McCain side of the debate. Still, the McCain side won each debate topic. Makes you think.

The war was the most volatile subject, as there are flaws in both candidate's plans for Iraq. We blew off all the time limits, and this debate went on for about thirty minutes, when it was only supposed to last fifteen or twenty. One guy on the other team was outlining Obama's strategy for troop removal, saying that Obama favored a slow removal, while John McCain would keep them in there as long as it took. I was thinking about all the main points of Obama's argument and I came up with this: nobody likes this war, the enemy is relentless, Obama plans for a slow removal of troops, and dear Dubya is screwing up big time...this sounds like Vietnam. So when it was my turn to say something, I asked, "Who wants another Vietnam?" No one responded. "So vote McCain."

McCain 1, Obama 0

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:26 pm

iPodrodder wrote:At my school, we have been holding debates over issues like energy, foreign policy, the war, and the economy. No one got to pick sides, and many Obama supporters landed on the McCain side of the debate. Still, the McCain side won each debate topic. Makes you think.

The war was the most volatile subject, as there are flaws in both candidate's plans for Iraq. We blew off all the time limits, and this debate went on for about thirty minutes, when it was only supposed to last fifteen or twenty. One guy on the other team was outlining Obama's strategy for troop removal, saying that Obama favored a slow removal, while John McCain would keep them in there as long as it took. I was thinking about all the main points of Obama's argument and I came up with this: nobody likes this war, the enemy is relentless, Obama plans for a slow removal of troops, and dear Dubya is screwing up big time...this sounds like Vietnam. So when it was my turn to say something, I asked, "Who wants another Vietnam?" No one responded. "So vote McCain."

McCain 1, Obama 0
Mcain wants to send up to triple the amount of troops over seas and activate the draft if he has to to get it done. Mcain has health issues also so who wants to be stuck with his running mate:-"
Photo bucket

fishndude
Petty Officer

Post by fishndude » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:05 pm

bigbasstaz wrote:
iPodrodder wrote:At my school, we have been holding debates over issues like energy, foreign policy, the war, and the economy. No one got to pick sides, and many Obama supporters landed on the McCain side of the debate. Still, the McCain side won each debate topic. Makes you think.

McCain 1, Obama 0
Mcain wants to send up to triple the amount of troops over seas and activate the draft if he has to to get it done. Mcain has health issues also so who wants to be stuck with his running mate:-"
The thought of Sarah Palin as president....oh man.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.