Just found WaLakes.com

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
HookedAgain
Angler

Just found WaLakes.com

Post by HookedAgain » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:22 pm

Hi! I just found this site :-" while trying to find a new place for us (hubby, son and myself) to go fishing. Son is 11 and that is all he ever wants to do. I can't blame him and I think encouraging a good fun habit will help keep him from getting into trouble as he hits middle school. We live near the Mukilteo Pier so right now all he wants to do is go crabbing. As for fishing, we go to Blackman's Lake a lot and we have just recently starting going to Martha Lake.

I guess my question is, does anybody have any other good lakes to go to within a 30 mile area that has good dock or bank fishing? Hubby isn't able to walk a great distance so we are always looking for placing to go that you can park close to and not walk forever to get to the water.

I also saw the ad for the upcoming BBQ. That sounds like alot of fun. Are newbies welcome to that? I am sure it will be a great time.

Thanks for any suggestions you have on the lakes. :fish: :fish: :fish:

fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:Just found WaLakes.com

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:36 pm

You just need to sign up for the bbq! I do ot know that area but there will be others to help you:cheers:

Welcome aboard :salut:

TAZ
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

lori
Petty Officer

Post by lori » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Welcome to wasington lakes.com of course your welcome to come to the picnic
Lori and the Suicide Duck II
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." - Stephen Wright

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships. Author: Abraham Lincoln

-----------* >*)((((((><

Lori and the Suicide Duck II

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:48 pm

HookedAgain wrote:Hi! I just found this site :-" while trying to find a new place for us (hubby, son and myself) to go fishing. Son is 11 and that is all he ever wants to do. I can't blame him and I think encouraging a good fun habit will help keep him from getting into trouble as he hits middle school. We live near the Mukilteo Pier so right now all he wants to do is go crabbing. As for fishing, we go to Blackman's Lake a lot and we have just recently starting going to Martha Lake.

I guess my question is, does anybody have any other good lakes to go to within a 30 mile area that has good dock or bank fishing? Hubby isn't able to walk a great distance so we are always looking for placing to go that you can park close to and not walk forever to get to the water.

I also saw the ad for the upcoming BBQ. That sounds like alot of fun. Are newbies welcome to that? I am sure it will be a great time.

Thanks for any suggestions you have on the lakes. :fish: :fish: :fish:
Welcome!

If you guys want crabbing off of a pier, the Clinton Ferry terminal has much better crabbing then the Mukilteo piers...

You can even walk over on the ferry with cooler/crab pots in hand if you don't want to pay $8.60 for your car plus about $4 for each passenger....

Again, welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it, learn some stuff and pass it on to your son. It's great for him to get into this awesome hobby at such a young age!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

joshswrench
Petty Officer

Post by joshswrench » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:11 pm

Welcome to the site pal! And I'm right there with your son, all I want to do is go fishing...
Tight lines, JG

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:40 am

While fishing at Wildcat Lake yesterday, I talked to a trout angler who said he had never heard of washingtonlakes.com. I told him about the site and he seemed excited to check it out. I was almost surprised to find an angler who had never heard of the site.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:28 am

Welcome to the big fishing family here at WL.com HookedAgain. :cheers:
You are more than welcome to come to the BBQ on the 19th. Just let us know how many will be coming with you.
I think your boys (hubby and son) will have a great time. And everyone has a chance to walk away with some great fishing gear with the raffle.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:50 am

hey welcome to the site...
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

Post by Reel_Nut » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:22 am

Welcome to the site, I do most of my fishing here in Grays Harbor. If your going to make a trip to the beach and you are looking for a place to fish.........or how to catch fish over here please just drop me a line.

mappum
Angler

Post by mappum » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:10 pm

I just joined too! I live close to you (between mukilteo and edmonds) and I like to go to silver lake. It is really close by and has different public docks (i dont have a boat). Theres lots of trout, some bass, perch and catfish. I recommend this for dock fishing.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:28 pm

Welcome to the site hookedagain! Nice to see you out there with the Family,..my son Reels-n-Rods is also my fishing buddy,..it's great to see family enjoying time together,...keep tossin them lines!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:29 pm

Welcome to you too mappum!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"