Silver lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
qxlooper
Petty Officer

Silver lake

Post by qxlooper » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:50 am

Heading out to try out the new resort! I will post a report when I get back.

Need some help though. I have fished there about 3 years ago, and got two fish. My help is needed in the area of catching the crappies and bass. Where and how? I caught crappies with my grandpa up in Wisconsin, but we used live minnows like you would worms. I have more things in my tackle box then I need, but don't know how to fish for either of these species. Please help a fellow out! Where are the good places on this lake?

K

ProP-Junkie
Petty Officer

RE:Silver lake

Post by ProP-Junkie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:16 am

Well I guess first thing we need to know is which Silver are you talking about. I'm near the Silver in Medical lake.

PJ
<>< “If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.” --Doug Larson ><>

qxlooper
Petty Officer

Post by qxlooper » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:36 am

the silver lake iin eatonville. sorry should have clarified!

qxlooper
Petty Officer

Post by qxlooper » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:40 pm

anyone? leaving tomorrow!

lori
Petty Officer

Post by lori » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:18 pm

there are some nice size browns in there
"There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." - Stephen Wright

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships. Author: Abraham Lincoln

-----------* >*)((((((><

Lori and the Suicide Duck II

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:00 am

Are we talking about Silver Lake in Pierce? Old Henley's Resort,...alot of nice Browns in that lake,..if this is the lake I'm not sure about any other fish,..I know there's Catfish,..SM,..LM,..but I haven't caught any,..always targeted Big Browns and RBT,..let me know though as I have swithced to the "Dark Side" as of this season,..SM and LM are way more fun to catch,...have fun!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Don't forget to tell us about your trip qxlooper.
I heard that someone caught a big brown out of there.
20 some years ago my brother and I caught 40 or more trout on caddis flies. We just put them on mono line let it out and slowly rowed listening to the seahawks pre-season game. We were the ones catching that day. It was amazing.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

qxlooper
Petty Officer

Post by qxlooper » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:37 pm

I had a great time out there when I went last time. Great place and new owners are awesome! I did catch some RB, but no crappie or anything else. I guess my worms suck! I was in the pads trying for anything and not even a nibble! I would love to go to the dark side, and my tackle box is full of dark side things, but have no clue how to use any of it! :-) I am one lucky sole to have a grandfather that fished his whole life and ended up with more tackle and antique fishing stuff then one would know what to do with! I have original lures dating back to early 1900's with the price on the box still. who would have thought that back then you could get lures for 15 cents? I have his old fishing licenses dating back to 1910! His uncle gave him a lot of the stuff and that was even earlier! I guess there were times when you had to choose the color of line based on the water color, I have black, red, green, purple, blue, etc. I also have more lead core line then one knows what to do with!

Ok enough about that....... Help me catch fish and suggestions on how to catch a bass..... i don't care if it is 2 inches or 50 inches, i just want one! :-) is morning best or dusk? any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Would the bass be on top water lures or hiding still?

Qxlooper
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:09 pm

Top water should be hitting soon if not already,..I went out onto a private lake,..my secret spot and I used a couple of frogs,..got 2 SMB in 15 minutes but had to get back to the family for some Fam-Bam fun,..didn't want to be greedy and stay,..but I went early in the AM and tossed it over some pads w/a slow retrieve and some "dog-walking" and BAM,..same spot same response,..so I feel maybe top water is on,..I'd look on the net and Google Texas Rig/Carolina Rig and go and purchase what you need,.. top water lures,..poppers,..even some Jointed Shad-Raps and just start tossing them,..put together a good selection for Bass as you never know where they'll be,..but definately do some research,..Google your question or just look at some older threads right here,..alot of Bassers on this site,..as far as your Grandpas things,..if they are still factory sealed I wouldn't even open them,..maybe put together some sort of "keep-sake" in rememberence of him,..kinda cool having something that old! Great post qxlooper,..welcome aboard and keep on tossin that line! Just a note,..I believe there are SMB/LMB in Silver but I have never targeted them,..always went for the RBT and Big Browns.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

evgeniy
Angler

Post by evgeniy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:59 pm

I've been there , I would rather go to west medical lake

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:34 am

Headed there tomorrow,..looking for the "Elusive LMB",..and maybe some "Big Browns",..I'll post on it!
"Passion-4-Bassin"