WashingtonLakes.com Summer Picnic/Fishing Event July 19th

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Summer Picnic/Fishing Event July 19th

Post by Mike Carey » Thu May 29, 2008 3:59 pm

ReelFisher wrote:I'm with cavdad45 in posting a sticky with some sort of poll to make it final. It seems to me that it is between LK WA or Sammamish. Well I will be there if I'm not working.(hopefully. Look forward to meeting these wierd names on here!
Let's run this to the end of May and then fishnislife could you put together a list and I'll create a poll. Thanks.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 29, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu May 29, 2008 4:04 pm

cavdad45 wrote:Why don't we just sticky-up a poll to figure out where it's going to be?

I plan to go wherever it's held.

Any of you southern boys (Clark Co, etc) want to split gas, I'm planning on taking the minivan and towing my jonboat. PM me if interested.
CAVDAD + BBD+BBQ +FISHING = :cheers: ALOT OF FUN THAT DAY ....glad your coming man , cant wait .. I also will be needing some help with hosting the "How Do I Get Bit" :nemo: seminar that day .. lol

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

ripper
Petty Officer

Post by ripper » Thu May 29, 2008 4:28 pm

I already have plans to be at Potholes that weekend with our cub scout Pack. We will be camping at Mardon Resort. Our activities include building habitat boxes, fishing, swimming and paddleboating. If there are any Eastsiders with cubscout age kids that can't make the picnic over here, feel free to join us. Camping is either free or half price for scouts or those that volunteer to build habitat boxes. You can contact me or check out the Mardon Resort web site for more info.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 pm

I was against Sammamish last time I posted here, but then again, considering the interest this event is drawing, if this event was at any small lake, we might just take up about every parking spot and all the space on the lake....Maybe it's better to find a bigger lake, and if it means that it has to be something real big like Sammamish, we can hit up some nearby lakes and then head over for the BBQ. Can't wait to meet some of the folks from this site. I'm sure there's a lot of great fellas on here and it would be real sweet to get to shake their hand and BS about fishing over some good food for a few hours....

July 19th? Hmmm....Summer king fishery opens up in Area 9 July 16th I believe, might have to bring back some fresh king fillets to compliment the burgers and hot dogs....I sure hope the fishery is closed by July 19th, cause I'll be darn tempted to stay out there every hour it's open and skip the BBQ....

Here's the thread from last years event: Lets try make it bigger then just a half dozen or so folks....
http://washingtonlakes.com/forum/yaf_po ... GANZA.aspx
And here are some pictures from the event. I'm looking forward to it!
http://washingtonlakes.com/forum/yaf_po ... RE-UP.aspx
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 30, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Thu May 29, 2008 11:41 pm

Hmm...July 19th...Lake Sammamish sounds pretty darn ideal. It gets my vote. It will accomodate all anglers, the bass guys and gals, panfishers, and trout bums like myself...it's more about the socializing than the fishing!!

KTK
Get with the Fast Money Bros

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri May 30, 2008 10:34 am

I'm looking forward to just fishin' with the wl.com crew. What and how many we catch is secondary, especially if I catch the most and biggest. LOL

Are we looking for some plaques again. Though I wonder how many more Gringo needs. LOL

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri May 30, 2008 9:33 pm

cavdad45 wrote:I'm looking forward to just fishin' with the wl.com crew. What and how many we catch is secondary, especially if I catch the most and biggest. LOL

Are we looking for some plaques again. Though I wonder how many more Gringo needs. LOL

I wish! Bassackwards, the plaque KING :king: is down in SoCal now and I don't think he's interested in puttting together some wood for us. We'll have to figure something else out this year. There will still be prizes and top honors for our winners.

Lake? Time?

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 31, 2008 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sat May 31, 2008 12:20 pm

I'm down with Sammamish!

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Post by Kevin K » Sat May 31, 2008 1:06 pm

If at all humanly possible, I will be where ever the majority decides. However, I agree with the Sammamish idea due to the wide variety of fish available and the ample parking/picnic area.

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Sat May 31, 2008 4:32 pm

I heard that ALL boats must be registered if you want to fish on lake Sammamish. Is that true? I can't find the rule online...

My boat is only a 10 footer and does not have a gas motor. Would I have to register it? :pale:
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat May 31, 2008 4:44 pm

HillbillyGeek wrote:I heard that ALL boats must be registered if you want to fish on lake Sammamish. Is that true? I can't find the rule online...

My boat is only a 10 footer and does not have a gas motor. Would I have to register it? :pale:

Some one posted a list of all the federal waters. (need to be licenced to be on a federal body of water) I know Lake Washington is federal, so Samammish probally is too.

produce2troutcat
Petty Officer

Post by produce2troutcat » Sat May 31, 2008 6:02 pm

Go to the links section on the home page, click on state parks, click on site map & search,scroll down to boating and click on boaters guide and click on The adventures of boating in Washington Handbook. This is the info you need to read about boating in Wa. If you do not use a motor of any type ,you do not need registration #s since your boat is under 16ft.
Just a heads up to those of you who use an electric motor on your Pontoon,you actually need to be registered with numbers if you fish those Federal waters such as Lk Wa.The police like those easy tickets and yes I do know of people who have been ticketed in the past.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:21 pm

FYI, Sammamish has a two day bass tournament on 7/19 and 7/20 this year. Some club called Rainer Bass club, not sure how big they are.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Thanks kzoo for the heads up. I still think beaver would be ideal due to the large park area for the picnic along with the big grass field

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:50 pm

fishingmachine wrote:Thanks kzoo for the heads up. I still think beaver would be ideal due to the large park area for the picnic along with the big grass field
Lake might be too small. Shore access isn't great and the parking area isn't too big....Remember, it's going to be on a Saturday, we're not gonna be the only people on the lake....Plus, the launch isn't great and the lake doesn't accomodate gas motors or big boats....

I like the idea of a bigger lake. It would let the folks who have smaller boats fish nearby lakes then head back to the BBQ for the event....

Eddie L
Warrant Officer

Post by Eddie L » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:53 pm

I work every saturdays and won't be able to attend. Here's a sugestion...... Luther Burbank Park in Mercer Island would be a good site for your Bar B que get together. Mercer Island boat launch is just about right by there for the boat owners,lots of parking in the park,boat(dock) tie up in the park right there in the on the lake has alot of space for boats and the shore bound anglers to fish. Bar B Que over there on the grass area next to the boat tie up so you can eat,fish,and keep an eye on your boats. Off that dock I caught alot of Small mouths,yellow perch,punkin seed,cutthroats, and them stupid squawfish.
Have fun guys. :thumleft:

joshswrench
Petty Officer

Post by joshswrench » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:51 am

Would love to go, but I'll be in germany... sad isn't it?
Tight lines, JG

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:31 pm

fishnislife or Mike? Any word on the progress of the BBQ? Location? I know it's more then a month away, but haven't heard of anything and am hoping it's still planned...

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:39 am

Still planned. Seems the lake suggestions have slowed down. The most postiive responses seemed to be for lake Sammamish so let's go with that lake for this year's event.

OK, fishnislife, time to get to work! Anyone want to help him with planning?

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kavykid2k6
Warrant Officer

Post by kavykid2k6 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:26 am

were exactly is lake sammamish?

and i would love to go to this!
Fishing the waters of the stilly, sky and snoho and the lakes of
North Snohomish county-- and my pond

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”