WashingtonLakes.com Summer Picnic/Fishing Event July 19th

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

WashingtonLakes.com Summer Picnic/Fishing Event July 19th

Post by Mike Carey » Mon May 26, 2008 8:47 am

We have a date for this year's fishing/BBQ/picnic. July 19th, a Saturday. Fishnislife is our Event Coordinator (thanks!)

I would like guys to make suggestions. I'd like to find a lake that won't be overrunn with skiers and that also has a good sized picnic area. So please respond with your suggestions and we will sort them out. This event is open to all but it will be held somewhere on the west side of the state, greater Puget Sound corridor. Sorry to the eastsiders as I know that makes it a hard option what with gas prices and all.

Event Details:

Plan on morning fishing followed by a noontime potluck BBQ. Burgers/hotdogs to be supplied by WashingtonLakes.com, other food items by members. I will need RSVPs so I know how much to buy. I'll bring the grill. Please let us know what you'd like to bring and fishinislife will sort it out and let everyone know what needs to be signed up for as we progress with planning.

Lake Requirements:

As noted above. Being that the event is on a Saturday we wll need a lake which has a pretty good area to spread out in. Gene Coulon gets so busy in the summers, I think it would be nice to find a calmer place. My suggestion is Pine or Beaver lake in King county. Let's hear your suggestions!

Looking forward to meeting lots of members and having a great fishing/BBQ event!

Mike
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kzoo
Commodore

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Summer Picnic/Fishing Event July 19th

Post by kzoo » Mon May 26, 2008 8:59 am

Somewhere to launch a boat. I know Lake Washington gets busy, but if we fish early and come in by noon for the BBQ, it won't be that bad. We don't need to have the picnic at Gene Couloun, there's other parks. I'm really not sure how many guys have boats on this site, but maybe we can do a count.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 26, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Mon May 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Rattlesnake baby! Great BBQ area and huge park. Carpool from the Eastside.

KTK
Get with the Fast Money Bros

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon May 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Somewhere with good shore access for those without boats and a launch for those who do have a boat so they can take that out...A place with both warm water fish and trout so people can fish for both, although trout in July in lowland lakes can often be a lost cause with the heat....Pine wouldn't be bad...Although no boat launch, just car toppers...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Mon May 26, 2008 1:43 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote: although trout in July in lowland lakes can often be a lost cause with the heat...
I find trout fishing in July to be stellar usually. Late evenings with the dry flies or during the day with a full sinking line & leeches. Trout fishing in July, even with warm water temps, can be very good at *some* select lakes. Some of my best days fishing for lowland trout come in July...

I agree that it would probably be best to go with a warmwater lake like Beaver. That might be the best bet. Bass/pumpkinseed, perch, and troutsers.
KTK

ReelFisher
Petty Officer

Post by ReelFisher » Mon May 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Count me in. My work schedule is a little chaotic but I'm sure I can move a few thing around for it. So something I'm a little unclear on is are we supposed to just PM fishislife? Or just let him know on here? Just wondering. TIGHT LINES!!
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon May 26, 2008 4:36 pm

This thread will be for suggestions and ideas. We'll get a "roll call" and "who's bring what" thread going once we get down the place. I am game for any lake that has the accomodations to suit everyone.
Keep the suggestions coming.
If anyone is interested in helping me plan this thing let me know. I need a few good men/woman for a couple of things.
Also, if you are interested in donating raffle prizes or want to be a sponsor of this event, please let me know.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 26, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon May 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Can you have a boat with an outboard at Beaver? I called up the WDFW or the city (can't remember). They said it was okay, but then I went to the launch it said "outboards prohibited". There was a guy fishing at the launch he said it was okay. The launch was pretty shallow for an aluminum bass boat, probably impossible for a fiberglass.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 26, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon May 26, 2008 7:26 pm

I think beaver is a great idea and you can count me in one hundred percent. i have a little livingston i would be able to take one person on with me

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon May 26, 2008 7:28 pm

Negative kzoo. No gas outboards allowed on that lake, not even strapped onto your boat...

Yes, that launch is shallow. I see a lot of fellas spinning the tires on their rigs trying to pull the boat/trailer up.....

In my opinion, it's probably more important to get a good picnic spot lined up rather then a fishing spot. Of course everyones going to want to fish, but it is also a social event, so somewhere that is easy to get to, has good parking and a good picnic area should be top priority. But I dunno how fishnislife likes to run it, whether the BBQ or the fishing is the bigger event or what...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon May 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Beaver would be good also because of the vast variety it offers

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon May 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Negative kzoo. No gas outboards allowed on that lake, not even strapped onto your boat...

Yes, that launch is shallow. I see a lot of fellas spinning the tires on their rigs trying to pull the boat/trailer up.....

In my opinion, it's probably more important to get a good picnic spot lined up rather then a fishing spot. Of course everyones going to want to fish, but it is also a social event, so somewhere that is easy to get to, has good parking and a good picnic area should be top priority. But I dunno how fishnislife likes to run it, whether the BBQ or the fishing is the bigger event or what...
Fishing is always the bigger priority. Come on now! :clown:

This is going to be up to the masses. I don't know the lakes over there that well and I think which ever lake will best suit us will be great. Not everyone has to fish at that particular lake that morning. Just be at the BBQ social. I would like to see the event at a good lake so that everyone can fish and hang out.
So far Beaver seems to be the popular vote. Speak up if you have other suggestions, and please give why you feel that lake would be a better choice.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 26, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon May 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Negative kzoo. No gas outboards allowed on that lake, not even strapped onto your boat...

Well, if we're going with that route, I'm cool with that. I do have a canoe I can take to Beaver.

Maybe later on the year, we can organize a fish-in at Lake Washington or Sammamish. Seems pretty popular in the local bass clubs, I thought it would be pretty cool to get a bunch of guys on the site to do some fishing.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 26, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon May 26, 2008 8:55 pm

What about camping? There should be some accommodation's for people who will be driving far and spending a couple nights to fish early and stay late. :-k
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

cole steffens
Petty Officer

Post by cole steffens » Mon May 26, 2008 9:59 pm

too bad ill be in alaska salmon fishing all summer id love to go. flowing lake in snohomish county is nice an secluded an has a nice campground/park with a dock to fish from it would make a good camp out!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 26, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if we are good to are lakes and streams they will be good to us

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Mon May 26, 2008 10:36 pm

Seems to me like most of our member base is from the Central Sound, southward. Not all though...some north, some way south. How about a neutral lake in the middle where everyone could make it...with gas near $4.15/gallon it would be vital to make the lake "central" for everyone. Beaver might be a little too far out there for some folks. I'm not seasoned in lakes further south than Renton, however. KTK

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Tue May 27, 2008 6:49 am

WHAT ABOUT THAT PARK BY ISSAQUAH CREEK ON LAKE SAMMAMISH. HUGE AREA FOR TRASH PICK-UP, GREAT BBQ SPOTS, BOAT LAUNCH FOR EVERY SIZE BOATER+ NUMEROUS KINDS OF FISH TO CHOOSE FROM. MY VOTE WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR LAKE WASHINGTON, BUT, I JUST VISITED THAT PARK OVER BY ISSAQUAH. PRETTY IMPRESSIVE!!

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue May 27, 2008 7:44 am

GREEN LAKE !!! YEAH BABY YEAH !! (NOT) ... Okay well since we did it on lk.wash last year we can try and shoot for lk. samm or even a smaller lake , it doesnt matter .. i do think that we need to make consideration for the boyz in boats . I dont see whats wrong with washington again .. We had alot of room last year and everyone had a chance to get some good fishing in , it was good for pontoons , good for shoreliners , and boats .. Lake samm would be good as well .. I cool with either one .. And i promise that this year i will not wait till last minute to put together some casting rings ..lol .. I will be conducting the casting contest again this year and darn it this time im taking home the wood ... Fishn , just let me know what we need between now and then (you know how we do) .. Looking forward to meeting some new faces and catching up with the old heads here .. :cheers: :cheers: BBD :king:

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue May 27, 2008 7:52 am

I am not familiar with lakes north of Pierce County. But it would be nice to have a boat launch that would accomodate any boat and a lake that allows outboards.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 27, 2008 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Tue May 27, 2008 7:52 am

The North County park at Lake Tapps has some really nice picnic areas and a shallow area where people can beach their boats right by the picnic table. If you get their early there should be no problem getting good spots. Also, it costs less if you get there early :-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 27, 2008 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”