Sammamish perch are biting!

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
JT26
Commander

Sammamish perch are biting!

Post by JT26 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:27 pm

Last two days ive been out to Lake Sammamish and ive done pretty good for perch. I think they have already spawned, cause none have eggs in them. I've been fishing the state park area on shore and boat. From shore, i caught the 10.5 incher on a plain night crawler. From the boat we caught the rest of the perch (more than whats on the pics) in about 33-40ft of water on orange/yellow crappie tubes tipped with worm on/near the bottom.
Hope this helps somebody out.

10.5 inches from Saturday Image

11.somethin inches, high 9, and a 9 incher., Sunday Image

same 10.5 Image
same 11 Image

jojo
Petty Officer

RE:Sammamish perch are biting!

Post by jojo » Tue May 27, 2008 10:12 am

Went out yesterday for a couple hours and hooked into several nice size Perch all over 8in. They all seem to be big and fat right now. Also hooked into a pumpkin seed. I really wanted to stay and see if the cats were biting yet. Always want to stay after dark but can't quite figure out where to leave my car when the park closes.

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:52 pm

Yeah, samething about the cats. The leave at dusk rule sucks!

PokerAddict
Petty Officer

Post by PokerAddict » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:03 pm

they any good to eat?
i catch loads at lacamas trolling.. caught maybe 30 of them about 6" trolling lol

eddie1681
Angler

Post by eddie1681 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:40 pm

JT26 wrote:Last two days ive been out to Lake Sammamish and ive done pretty good for perch. I think they have already spawned, cause none have eggs in them. I've been fishing the state park area on shore and boat. From shore, i caught the 10.5 incher on a plain night crawler. From the boat we caught the rest of the perch (more than whats on the pics) in about 33-40ft of water on orange/yellow crappie tubes tipped with worm on/near the bottom.
Hope this helps somebody out.

10.5 inches from Saturday Image

11.somethin inches, high 9, and a 9 incher., Sunday Image

same 10.5 Image
same 11 Image
Hi JT,

What part of lake sammamish are you fishing at?

I don't have a boat

What kind of rigs you using?

Thanks

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm

The north end. Pretty much the whole marymoor area. I don't think there much shore access up there though, and unfortunately i don't know where good shore fishing is on Sammamish.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:54 pm

If u want to travel a little bit farther i am catching a good amount of perch at beaver lake. All u have to do is fish on either side and throw either a bobber and a worm. or fish a worm on the bottom

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Looks good JT. Might have to pick up some worms shortly and head out to Lake WA and pull a few nice ones out to cook up.

Thanks for the head up JT26.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”