NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Daltontribe
Petty Officer

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Daltontribe » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:34 am

Hi,
My name is Daniel Dalton
Hobbies include: Fishing, Hiking, Backpacking, almost any outdoors thing. Oh Plus spend time with family
Work: I work in Buck Knives Warehouse
Fish: Mainly Trout and Smallmouth but anything that will bit really
Fish Most: Hayden Lake, Fernan, Coeur D Alene
Fishing For: 20 years
Who intorduced me to fishing: My dad and uncle would be the culpurits
What do i do when not fishing: Spend time with family while thinking of fishing

I know im not from Washington but, I wanted to join becuase i enjoy the reports from spokane county lake, the lakes which i hope to fish this year. I also would like to give any advice i can about Idaho lakes.

eenakok
Petty Officer

Post by eenakok » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:48 am

Name: David
Hobbies: Fishing, spending time with the family
What You Do: System Engineer for the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority
Favorite Species To Fish For: Trout,salmon and steelhead, but want to learn to fish for bass
Where You Fish The Most: American, Spanaway
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 23 years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad, we would fish greenlake every night during the spring/summer
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Camp with the family, wish I was fishing..

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:31 am

Daltontribe and dbfield,Welcome aboard. You'll find this site very useful.
Dalton-We have a few other guys from Idaho,Oregon and B.C...besides,we'll be pestering 'ya about CD'A and others in your area. Its a win-win for all of us.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:02 pm

Daltontribe wrote:Hi,
My name is Daniel Dalton
Hobbies include: Fishing, Hiking, Backpacking, almost any outdoors thing. Oh Plus spend time with family

I know im not from Washington but, I wanted to join becuase i enjoy the reports from spokane county lake, the lakes which i hope to fish this year. I also would like to give any advice i can about Idaho lakes.
Down the road (maybe even later this year) we will be releasing a sister site for Idaho. Your expertise will be much needed!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Demonknight, that picture is awesome.

Welcome everyone to the big happy WashingtonLakes Family. Kick your shoes off and stay awhile. Hope you enjoy.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Mike Carey wrote:
My name is Daniel Dalton

Down the road (maybe even later this year) we will be releasing a sister site for Idaho. Your expertise will be much needed!
How about Oregon? :-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:56 pm

:-k
bigbasstaz wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:
My name is Daniel Dalton

How about Oregon? :-"
very possible, someday. :-k

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:04 am

:salut:
kevinb wrote:Ahoy!!!!(thats my pirate voice)
Welome Aboard

lol - I spent nearly 4 years in the Navy and don't recall ever even hearing the word Ahoy. Think it is only used in funny papers and crossword puzzles -- And, maybe by pirates.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

bel83
Petty Officer

Post by bel83 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Name: Justin
Hobbies: biking, spending time with my dog, fishing, reading, hiking...just to name a few
What You Do: work at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research center...but I am in administration even though I have a degree in Biology
Favorite Species To Fish For: anything that Bites, right now mostly trout but I want to get into some bass and maybe Rockfish
Where You Fish The Most: Lake Boren - though I never have any luck there.
How Long You Have Been Fishing: about 4 months...give or take
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: I used to go fishing with my grandpa in California when I was in the 8-10 range, so I thought I would give it another try.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: sleep mostly, oh and get ready for my wedding this August.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to Fish and he will Drink for a lifetime."

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:41 pm

Welcome Justin.
And congrats on the future wedding, hope she likes to fish too

reddog
Petty Officer

Post by reddog » Wed May 07, 2008 5:53 am

Name: Kent
Home: Chattaroy Wa
Just moved up here this spring. Lived in Spokane prior to this. So, last year when my boss got me "hooked" on freshwater fishing, I spent a lot of time on Long Lake.
Favorite fish: Have to say Bass. Started on planted trout on West Medical Lake for a while. But they were too easy. Besides, like the taste and variety of how to cook the spiny ray fish anyway.
Favorite water? Well, that is or has been what is closest. That would be Eloika and Diamond Lake now. With a Lake Pend Oreille trip mixed in there somewhere.
Hobbies: When I'm not working as a Facilities Engineer (jack of all trades, master of one) I enjoy training hunting dogs. Primarily Retrievers. Then it would be out hunting with these well trained dogs. Bringing home all that we shoot. A great conservation tool. And saves the fat guy (me) from getting out of the boat and running down my own ducks. Any reason to get the duck boat wet is good by me. You cant miss it. It is half covered with grass. Too lazy to take it off and put it back on, so it stays there. Fishing, hunting, training, it don't matter.
So if someone is land locked, and would like to show a rookie how to catch the big ones (my drop shot, the only thing I really know, seems to attract the small ones) let me know. I have recieved some great advice on fishing Eloika from another section of this site. I can find em with the electronics, but have yet to figure out how to catch em all the time. But it is fun being out on the water with my hunting buddy, my Golden Retriever. And enjoy a relaxing morning or afternoon.
So, If you see a grass covered boat out there, go ahead and stare (everyone does) but give a wave too. I'm really NOT THAT WEIRD.:cyclops: :cyclopsan :-" :-"

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 am

Welcome reddog

Training hunting dogs sounds like tough work. I would fish with 'ya but I'm way out west but there are some anglers in your neck of the woods.
Welcome aboard:salut:

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed May 07, 2008 11:37 am

Glad to meet you Reddog! So, how do you cast with a grass covered boat? :-s

There is a forum thread caled "Members Boats", check it out, you'll find we are all shapes and sizes around here! http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... Boats.aspx

Another called "Introduce Your Pets" night interest you as well
http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... r-Pet.aspx

As well as TONS of BASS info (of course)!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Welcome Reddog! I too like to train and hunt gundogs. I found my niche in springer spaniels.

ReelFisher
Petty Officer

Post by ReelFisher » Thu May 08, 2008 6:15 pm

Welcome aboard Reddog, Where is Chattaroy? I'm kind of new to the area but I'm pretty sure I've never hear of that town. Well anyway welcom,e aboard this is a great site and hope you enjoy!!:cheers:
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Thu May 08, 2008 6:59 pm

cavdad45 wrote:Welcome Reddog! I too like to train and hunt gundogs. I found my niche in springer spaniels.
I love springer spaniels we had 9 of them while i was growing up,the most friendliest and the most loyalist dog I SURE DO MISS MY DOGS now.Would run the figure eight ,right down the railroad tracks kick up grouse left and right fun times thats all i got to say
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

reddog
Petty Officer

Post by reddog » Fri May 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Just posted a few pic's of the huntin and fishin boat on the "members boats" section. To answer a few questions here:
Chattaroy is about 15 miles north of downtown Spokane. Up HWY 2. Just west of Mount Spokane.
Gonna try my luck at Eloika Lake tomorrow. Gotta get away with my buddy Duke, spend some "man time " together.
He's a 4 year old Golden Retriever. Yes, a GOLDEN not a RED Retriever. The color they ORIGINALY were. Most think he is an Irish Setter. Oh well, difference is that he's smart. A fun challenge to train. I run AKC Hunt Tests with him in the spring/summer to keep him "tuned up" for huntin season. Working on our Master Hunter title.:cheers:

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:18 pm

SPARKY101 wrote:
cavdad45 wrote:Welcome Reddog! I too like to train and hunt gundogs. I found my niche in springer spaniels.
I love springer spaniels we had 9 of them while i was growing up,the most friendliest and the most loyalist dog I SURE DO MISS MY DOGS now.Would run the figure eight ,right down the railroad tracks kick up grouse left and right fun times thats all i got to say
If you are interested, I have 6 puppies left. They were whelped March 25 and are ready to go home. These guys are outgoing, energetic , and very confident. Lots of play time with the family so they love people.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:58 pm

As much as i would love to have one i dont think right now is a good time for me.It stinks cause i believe they are the best dogs in the world and i got so attached to ours and to watch my dad struggle with having to put them down its hard for me to deal with that.Call it what you will but some things are harder for others than others.My daughter just turned 1 maybe by the time she gets closer to 2 i will hit you up on an offer for female pup.Thanks for thinking of me
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Fri May 09, 2008 11:19 pm

SPARKY101 wrote:
I love springer spaniels we had 9 of them
English Springer Spaniels are the best dogs ever! Ours is 13 years old and barely making it up he sings for us...yes sings and we have to carry him up the stairs...without him life just wouldn't be the same. That dog is something else...definately a family member...if we didn't have our boy I'd take a new pup...black and white only baby!

KTK
Get with the Fast Money Bros

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”