Fishy myths?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Fishy myths?

Post by Anglinarcher » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:22 pm

iPodrodder wrote:
kevinb wrote:Someone will probably get their panties in a riff. But when I'm bass fishing,I try to release them ASAP. I'm not sure if the damage would be done by the sunfish by then or not....:-k
:-" Not me...........no sir. Now go look at my big long post on here. http://www.washingtonlakes.com/Forum/vi ... php?t=3201

A myth I've heard is that a red or softened shade light will not spook fish. Any opinions?
Ya, I've heard the story. I can see how this is true with Deer and the such, but they are color blind.

Fish see red quite well, so if you can see the fish with the light, they can see the light.

Now, does light really bother a fish? I often spotlight a shore in the evening to see what activity is going on in a new lake, and they seem to just sit there. Go figure.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:25 pm

OK, another "fishy myth". A guide on the Columbia once told the bunch of us that Banana was not a fish attractant, but a fish repellent.

Any thoughts? Should I leave my Bananas at home and not use them as a fast lunch?
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:43 pm

LOL.............
Well its not called Catching!

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:40 pm

About the banana I don't know if it is a myth or not but there are people all over the world that believe it. So you can run your own risks but if you are headed out with someone best to leave them at home!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

platinumroof
Warrant Officer

Post by platinumroof » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:25 pm

A couple of years ago I got an idea on TV. I took a bunch of bananas and wrote GOOD LUCK on them and snuck them in a couple of my friend's boats right before our driver's meeting. It worked pretty well, they bombed. :eye:
Another time at the river I got into a buddy's boat and put empty beer bottles in every compartment (rod lockers, live wells, tackle compartments, the cooler). He was finding them all day long.
Good times, good times....:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:23 pm

OK, the banana thing is a new myth to me. I can say that when I let my cat smell one he pulls his face back like it stinks really bad and then he gives me the look.
Well its not called Catching!