Kitsap County Silverdale Pier

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Ronz
Angler

Kitsap County Silverdale Pier

Post by Ronz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm relatively new to Kitsap and was just wondering if anyone has ever fished or had luck fishing Silverdale Pier.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

RE:Kitsap County Silverdale Pier

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:42 pm

have not fished the pier, but if it is your run-of-the-mill Puget Sound area pier, you can expect to catch perch, flounder, and bullhead and other bottomfish.

Ronz
Angler

Post by Ronz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks. I've driven by a few times and I've never seen anyone with lines in the water.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:03 pm

Ronz wrote:Thanks. I've driven by a few times and I've never seen anyone with lines in the water.
it's amazing how few people fish from the piers during January through May. Those are the best times for bottomfishing from piers, without having to mess with pesky shiner perch. During the summer, it's too crowded with people (many kids on vacation) and too many shiner perch robbing the bait.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:41 am

Im doing work at a hotel in Silverdale and will be going over there for the next 3 months.Id like to know where the Pier is at?I asked some of the workers where I was .They said it was Dye Inlet.Is the pier bouts there?
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:01 am

racfish wrote:Im doing work at a hotel in Silverdale and will be going over there for the next 3 months.Id like to know where the Pier is at?I asked some of the workers where I was .They said it was Dye Inlet.Is the pier bouts there?
I dont know what hotel you are working on but if you go to old town Silverdale you should be able to find it.Or look for Farmland pets and feed its the big red barn looking thing the pier is right behind that, Hope this helps.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/