Want to bass fish no boat?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:Want to bass fish no boat?

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:37 pm

kevinb wrote:I've hit Summit quite a bit. Probably not the best,but still had a blast. I've never been to Offut. If the weather holds,I'd like to get out there Saturday.
I will be taking my son out on Saturday or maybe Sunday weather looks better Sunday.Put a report up today
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Fishaholic
Angler

Post by Fishaholic » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:31 am

Hey bigbasstaz thanks for the report on these rentals. I'm like you been stuck on the shore fishing. Me and my cousin have been able to find some good access to the lakes around my area and had some success but its always nice to get out on a boat. Perhaps I'll try and make it up that way when I'm back home this summer and try out offut for something new. Well thanks again for the info.

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:56 am

Kapowisin Lake has some good boat rentals too. I don't remember the prices but I used them before. Didn't fish it much last year though, ever since they finished the new boat launch the pressure went up and people were breaking into cars in the parking lot. The boat launch is seperate than the resort that you can rent boats from.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:46 am

bigbasstaz wrote:Well each to his own. This is my favorite lake because I can get out in a boat and catch big fish.I would imagine there are better lakes in Thurston county but not for guys like me who don't have a boat.(Who I posted this for)So ya it is another spot to try for guys with boats and a good opportunity for the guys like me who don't. Another thing is you can rent row boats for $10.
now 10 bucks is a great deal. i can just toss on my trolling motor.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:04 am

tnj8222 wrote:
bigbasstaz wrote:Well each to his own. This is my favorite lake because I can get out in a boat and catch big fish.I would imagine there are better lakes in Thurston county but not for guys like me who don't have a boat.(Who I posted this for)So ya it is another spot to try for guys with boats and a good opportunity for the guys like me who don't. Another thing is you can rent row boats for $10.
now 10 bucks is a great deal. i can just toss on my trolling motor.
Yes you can that is what I would suggest but row boats are limited. And electric only for trolling motor.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Photo bucket

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:46 am

Can you reserve row boats at Offut? If you can I will slap my Trolling motor on it and use them. That sounds like a great deal. I can drive my Geo Metro down to the lake, pay $10, thats like a $30 fishing trip, coming from Kent even. :cheers: :cheers:
aka Powerworm

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:52 am

It has always been first come first serve. But if you are there early there usaly isn't a problem. Worst case is you got to wait for one to come in. They also have canoes and 1 man pontoons. Plenty of options. Or let me know when you are coming and I can let you know how busy it is or has been.
Photo bucket

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:28 pm

bigbasstaz wrote:
kevinb wrote:I've hit Summit quite a bit. Probably not the best,but still had a blast. I've never been to Offut. If the weather holds,I'd like to get out there Saturday.
I will be taking my son out on Saturday or maybe Sunday weather looks better Sunday.Put a report up today
"taz, you still planning on heading out this weekend? I'm now playing the "I don't know what the hell is going on game" Right now I'm losing. Talk to 'ya later.8-[ ](*,)

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:32 pm

kevinb wrote:
bigbasstaz wrote:
"taz, you still planning on heading out this weekend? I'm now playing the "I don't know what the hell is going on game" Right now I'm losing. Talk to 'ya later.8-[ ](*,)
I'll be out in the morning - all day.
Photo bucket

offutlake
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by offutlake » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Hey bigbasstaz Thanks for all the free press on our boat rentals! Glad you enjoy them and have caught some nice fish. Let me know next time you come in and I'll hook you up with a free boat for the day! Becky Offut Lake Resort

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:34 pm

Thats what im talkin 'bout g-job BBT:cheers: Hookin up the free
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:39 pm

NICE. Great to see Offut Lake online, and nice to see them step up with that gracious offer. You'll see me there sometime this year thats for sure !!
aka Powerworm

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:41 pm

:cheers: Thanks guys :cheers: :salut:
Photo bucket