Want to bass fish no boat?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishaholictaz
Admiral

Want to bass fish no boat?

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:52 pm

Offut Lake resort has the ticket 14 ft. pontoon boats with 24 volt trolling motors.They are great took one out a couple weeks ago and now I know fishing comfort. I was stuck on the bank until I learned of the resort now I can catch fish like these.$50 for 4 hours. Not bad at all.
Attachments
fish.jpg
fish.jpg (51.57 KiB) Viewed 3117 times
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

islandbass
Commander

RE:Want to bass fish no boat?

Post by islandbass » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:55 pm

That is great! Where is this lake and how do you get there? I'm in Federal Way so I hope it isn't too far away.

That is a nice bass too.:cheers:

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:02 pm

It is 5 minutes south of Olympia. Offut lake is listed on this site with directions. The resort also has cabins, camping And a website Offut Lake resort.com.Smaller 12' Lunds with 34 lb motors for $30 also.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Photo bucket

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:47 pm

sweet - electric only!

:king:

its a great option that people often over look
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:49 pm

Never heard of Pontoon boats with electric trolling motors for rent. Usually the old standby is the 12' Aluminum with an electric motor for lakes like that..

Sweet stuff bigbasstaz. Make sure to post a report (if you haven't done so) about your catch!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:53 pm

There is a public launch on the lake where you can put in gas but the resort is electric only.The electric motors get you around just fine the lake isn't that big.
Photo bucket

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:45 pm

bigbasstaz wrote:It is 5 minutes south of Olympia. Offut lake is listed on this site with directions. The resort also has cabins, camping And a website Offut Lake resort.com.Smaller 12' Lunds with 34 lb motors for $30 also.
Your a life saver. I'm working on my boat right now. Won't be back run'n for a few weeks due to other projects. That place sounds cool. I now have a place to take my son for bucketmouths.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:58 am

Thanks! I just have to find the time.

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:37 am

$50 for 4 hours in a pontoon sounds awfully spendy to me!! Think I would be skipping out on a few 4 hr blocks to save my cash and pick up my own boat.
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:56 am

I'm definetely with Skeeter on this, 50 bucks is a little pricey.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:49 am

At Mineral Lake pontoon boats are $75. $50 was about as cheap as they can go to cover all the costs of being able to provide us with this opportunity. You can fish 4 people on these boats and once you get every one throwing in like I do the cost becomes very affordable.Plus just think being able to drive the car down instead of the truck.They set up and clean up all you do is walk on and fish.It is a good deal don't pass it off .
Photo bucket

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:58 am

bigbasstaz wrote:At Mineral Lake pontoon boats are $75. $50 was about as cheap as they can go to cover all the costs of being able to provide us with this opportunity. You can fish 4 people on these boats and once you get every one throwing in like I do the cost becomes very affordable.Plus just think being able to drive the car down instead of the truck.They set up and clean up all you do is walk on and fish.It is a good deal don't pass it off .
Thanks again. I think I'll get my nephew and son out there. 50bucks might seem pricey but when your in my current position,its perfect. I've never fished Offut,so this will be a nice change.
Thanks
Kevin

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:17 am

yea gonna have to agree with the spendy thing. u can rent a flatbottom w/ a outboard @ silver all day for that price.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Are you talking about the big pontoon boats, two big pontoons with a deck? I guess that wouldn't be a bad price, I don't think I'd fish for bass out of the thing, probably just panfish.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:10 pm

kzoo wrote:Are you talking about the big pontoon boats, two big pontoons with a deck? I guess that wouldn't be a bad price, I don't think I'd fish for bass out of the thing, probably just panfish.
These are only about a foot out of the water and with a low fence around it that has 4 gates. There is a bow mounted foot control motor.I'll put a pic up sometime this week I'm going out hopefully before I hit the lake with one of the guys from Wa Lakes.I wouldn't have posted if I didn't think it worked I had a blast with the one I was on. Caught some trout 16 inches or so and had no problem landing them without a net.
Photo bucket

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:57 pm

I saw these pontoons last week. They are pretty nice and would be fine for someone wanting to take the kids fishing. Offut isn't really a big lake. There are big LMB and some SMB but definitely not my fav bass lake in Thurston County. I've always had success for trout in Offut too.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:29 pm

Well each to his own. This is my favorite lake because I can get out in a boat and catch big fish.I would imagine there are better lakes in Thurston county but not for guys like me who don't have a boat.(Who I posted this for)So ya it is another spot to try for guys with boats and a good opportunity for the guys like me who don't. Another thing is you can rent row boats for $10.
Photo bucket

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:11 pm

I've hit Summit quite a bit. Probably not the best,but still had a blast. I've never been to Offut. If the weather holds,I'd like to get out there Saturday.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

bigbasstaz wrote:Another thing is you can rent row boats for $10.
That's a great deal!

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Water is at 45* but the trout are all over for those who haven't seen it I'll put a trout in the bass forum 4.1 pounds last Thursday=p~
Tried some deep piles and other structure today no bass yet.
Attachments
fish_2.jpg
fish_2.jpg (126.72 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photo bucket