Anyone been out trying for Walleyes lately???

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Basshunter046
Warrant Officer

Anyone been out trying for Walleyes lately???

Post by Basshunter046 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Was courious if anyones been trying for walleyes yet? Planing on heading to Roosevelt here in a week or 2 and was wondering if anyones tryied it.

MobyTruck
Angler

RE:Anyone been out trying for Walleyes lately???

Post by MobyTruck » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:59 pm

yep...I went to Ft Spokane Feb 17 with a couple of friends. We only managed one Walleye but it was nice to get out that early nontheless. The water was down about 30' and surface temp was about 36 degF.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:02 am

there's a good article in the latest hunting and fishing mag talking about the walleye fishing on basically the whle stretch of the columbia river system and talking about the "almost world record" that was caught and released useing the wrong weight on their scale.

WD40
Angler

Post by WD40 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:27 pm

A member of the Spokane Walleye Club caught a 15-4 on the 18th just north of the mouth of the Spokane.

You can see the photo on the club website: http://www.spokanewalleyeclub.com

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:48 pm

Wow that's a big Walleye....

Great fish!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

Post by VooDuuChild » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:18 am

That must've been a solid fish cuz it sure don't look fifteen plus pounds....it is a big walleye though
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 am

UPS buddies starting to do well in the boardman area on oregon side, trolling harness's. im going to be at potholes next week-end, get some kinks out of new boat stored in tri-cities. water temp's should be in 40's or better.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:53 pm

I trolled evergreen resevoir for walleye last friday. We didnt even get a bite. But the lake was still mostly frozen over.

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:12 pm

The weekend before last we had 18 boats out chasing Eyes at Rufus Woods and we did okay. Great time. There was absolutely no flow whatsoever with the river and that makes it a bit harder. Everybody caught fish and the Triploids werent as big of a menace as they were in November when we came down. Still Trips were caught but nothing like before. The biggest eye caught in the entire group was 12lb 9oz. I didnt see it nor did I see a pic so take upon yourself to believe it or not, but dont call me out on it. Personally, my biggest was 20 inches. Not sure what it weighed. Saturday at least 4 were caught that weighed in the viscinity of 4.5lbs and 1 6lber was caught on Sunday.

All the big fish were released so no need to preach.

Good fishing.

Joe
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:59 am

This thread has been sitting a short while but its perfect to pick up. Anyone getting an early bite on 'eyes? If so where? And if you don't mind sharring,what are they going for?

ripper
Petty Officer

Post by ripper » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:52 pm

I went over to Wenatchee and fished below Rock Island dam last weekend. I posted a report in the columbia basin section. Didn't catch any Walleye, and one small trout(released). Water was 36 deg. Drove up to Wells dam, but couldn't fish due to a dead battery. Saw several fillet'd out carcasses by the boat launch, I will be going back over in april. Good fishing and keep those batteries charged! #-o

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 pm

Me and a buddy hit Banks Lake today for Walleye. We had to go to Yakima to get my boat and then we stopped and talked to a friend so we didnt get on the lake until 130pm. We found fish about 2 hours later. We only fished for 2 hours after that because it went from beautiful to windy and rainy in a hurry.

We caught 2 walleyes (19" and 18") and a 12 inch perch that weighed over a pound. Probably hit it again tomorrow. Cannot tell you how great it was to be back out on Banks. Looking forward to another great year here.
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:26 pm

Joe Heater wrote:Me and a buddy hit Banks Lake today for Walleye. We had to go to Yakima to get my boat and then we stopped and talked to a friend so we didnt get on the lake until 130pm. We found fish about 2 hours later. We only fished for 2 hours after that because it went from beautiful to windy and rainy in a hurry.

We caught 2 walleyes (19" and 18") and a 12 inch perch that weighed over a pound. Probably hit it again tomorrow. Cannot tell you how great it was to be back out on Banks. Looking forward to another great year here.
Nice on the 2 eye'z and good luck tomorrow.:cheers:

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:50 am

Had 2 boats with 2 people each out on Banks Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday we caught 9 keepers and 3 dinks between 730 and 1230. All males. 6 were between 20 and 23 1/2 inches. Also caught 15 or so big fat pregnant perch, 4 of which we couldnt save. the rest were released. The Perch are all around a pound but only 11-12.5 inches. So full of eggs. Fishing absolutely shut off around 1230pm. One perch was bigger than the one I got last weekend but I was in a hurry to get her back in the water so no photo this time.

Sunday we split up to two different sites. There boat caught 3 around 20" and we got blanked other than a big perch. Weather turned foul so we called it after 3 1/2 hours of fishing.

Water temp was 43 and I am guessing sometime at the end of April they will spawn and then I will be ready to go.

Side note: Talked to two different people whom said they were at Potholes this weekend and didn't get a bite. Water temp is warmer over there though so they may be spawning sooner.

Good fishing.

Joe

ripper
Petty Officer

Post by ripper » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:26 pm

I was over at Banks last weekend 4-5&6, and we caught 2 smaller walleye and I had a big one get off. It would have been my biggest one yet. We found water temps between 41 on the northend and 44.6 out on Barker flats, which is where we caught our fish. Good luck to ya.

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:41 am

Where you at in Marsyville? Im in Arlington and last weekend, me and two guys from Marysville hit Banks lake. Me and one of the Marysville natives went yesterday 4-12-08 as well.

My boat only fished for a little over an hour. Kids had fun driving the boat, watching the aqua view, climbing steamboat and swimming..YES SWIMMING IN APRIL. The other boat caught 7, largest was 8lbs (released) and smallest was 16 inches.

Good fishing.

Joe

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Tue May 06, 2008 8:18 pm

Was out and about this weekend at Banks. Fished 2 1/2 hours on Friday, all day Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. Only 8 hours did I have a partner. The rest of the time I was fishing solo.

Total fish count
17 walleyes and 1 perch. 9 of those walleyes were dinks however. I lost 1 that felt okay and another at the boat that was close to 24 inches. Had a bunch of other bites. They have spawned out for the most part and they should start feeding here well in the next few weeks.

I did catch this 28 incher which was just over 7lbs.

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 06, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hal
Warrant Officer

Post by Hal » Wed May 07, 2008 12:56 pm

Looks to me like that fish respected that $10,000 boat! :-$
I am the mayor of ball cap land BOW to me ...

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed May 07, 2008 1:01 pm

Good job on the 'eye'z there Joe:cheers:
I can't wait to head over there myself.

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Wed May 07, 2008 1:59 pm

Ya well he waited until I had a title to bite. That fish weighed just over 7lbs. That fish respected the fact that he cost about $1,428.57 per lb. I probably wont complain the next time the wife orders the lobster. :cheers:

By the way, I never touched the gills and I made sure I used hand sanitizer before touching the fish. I also drank a cool fresca afterwards and had a manacure while waiting for the next bite. :^o

Have fun at the Midnight Madness in Bemidji. Im gonna try some more night fishing during Gordons tourney. Oh and by the way, do you recognize that bay behind me in the pic. Thats pretty close to where Terry got his 11lber I think.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 07, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”