Lake Wa. Perch

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
TMBob
Petty Officer

Lake Wa. Perch

Post by TMBob » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Saw 3 boats close together just North of The VMac today......Perch Parade I am guessing. Can't wait for the reports!

TrackerPro16
Commander

Re: Lake Wa. Perch

Post by TrackerPro16 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:26 pm

Cool! We had perch taco's last night. There are a couple packages left in the freezer so I will be needing to replenish soon.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:33 pm

How do you make perch tacos?

Do ya slit their bellies, scale, and clean them? Pack them with mayo and burger and spices? Then cook them? Then eat them? Image [biggrin] [thumbsup]
Tom.

Interests: living

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Freeze them whole! No gutting or scaling. Why bother! [blink] Wrap them in a soft taco and microwave. The guts are spicy like flavoring! Really! [flapper] Or not! [biggrin]
Fillets only, pan fried in grill salt (equal parts salt, garlic powder and pepper) and butter. Cook the 'home style' soft tacos on the glass top or a pan on the stove, small layer of jalapeño ranch dressing, fresh chopped green cabbage to fill and eat warm. Simple but outstanding. Everyone who has tried them wants more. [thumbsup]
Wife only likes them fresh, but I like them leftover cold or hot. There are four left in the fridge I will have for either b-fast or my work lunch tomorrow. Yum! [rolleyes]

ScottinMilton
Petty Officer

Post by ScottinMilton » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:04 am

sounds good but I have had little luck finding the schools there since the middle of January. Anyone know where they are now they should be in deep water but who knows
SCOTT JOHNSON
MILTON WA 98354

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 pm

I have heard of people catching some but this year I have, so far, not been out 'seriously' fishing. Got new electronics and am still playing with that. Getting the itch though... Changed the lower drive oil on the main and troller and respooled one rod. I think I am ready to go fill the boat with fish! [biggrin]